Chapter 31

Zayn's POV

"That's really great." Harry told me as I showed him the sonogram Niall had gotten yesterday. We waited another week and took a few more home pregnancy tests before going to see a doctor just because I knew Niall wasn't a huge fan of doctors. Which is one of the reasons he's not here right now. Another reason is because he had to force Louis to go out with him to get some clothes and food and spend some time away from the hospital. Harry needed it too because he was feeling suffocated by Louis. Even if they love each other and they're newlyweds, Harry doesn't like feeling like he's inadequate to lift up a cup to drink out of it. He's gotten back most of his strength, he just needed to be watched by doctors more.

"He's just now two months pregnant. We had planned this baby, kind of, but we're still so shocked that this is actually happening. We just need you out of the hospital in time to watch the boys while we go have this baby." I chuckled. He rolled his eyes at me and smiled even bigger as he looked at the picture. I leaned in and tried pointing out where the baby's head was and it's feet. I still think that baby's at this stage look like shrimp more than a human, but I still think it's wonderful to see my child growing. Doniya said that this baby wasn't very healthy so far and we all listened to the heartbeat and it was really strong. I loved hearing that sound.

"I'm hoping to be out of here in two weeks or sooner. I need to get back in the gym to train you, don't I?" Harry asked me. I put the sonogram back in my pocket and started playing with the ring Harry had given me. I had it on a chain and was letting it slide on it a little.

"Mark won't let me fight him. I want to, but he's not going to be there for me. I know Niall definitely won't be there and forget Louis and my sister. No one wants me in the ring with him, but I want in there worse than ever." I said. Harry looked like he wanted to tell me that everyone else was wrong and I should listen to myself, but I saw it in his truthful green eyes that he couldn't.

"Zayn, I want you to do this because I see how much you want to after what happened. That's the only reason why I'm supporting you, but now that he hit me so hard and knocked some sense in my head, I know boxing is a bad thing to be apart of. I don't think anyone should be in the ring with him. I'm going to tell you now as your bother that I think you need to focus on growing your family, taking care of them and enjoying the life you have because getting in the ring one more time could take it from you. I'm not a boxer anymore, I don't think you should be either. You have more to loose than I ever did. You have more to miss you than you realize you do." Harry said. I just sat there looking at the ring he had given me and I thought about what he had said.

Fighting is in my bones. It's not something that I chose to do one day. It was something that I did to stay alive and something that I needed to do to live. Even if I were taken out of the ring for he rest of my life, I know I would always have a burn in me that only people that live off their fists would have. Harry can choose if he wants to be a boxer. He can flip the switch on and off. That's something I'll never be able to do even if I tried. I know that I would rather die young in the ring than live out my life slowly dying because I don't have what makes me complete. Some say that my family, my husband, should make you feel complete, but I know they only make up one fourth of my being. Fighting takes up the rest and I don't want to live my life feeling empty.

"I need to do this, Harry. He hurt you. He almost killed you. I can't let him keep going around like he can fix this with an apology. I need to do this." I said, which got me a weak chuckle from my best friend.

"What is this going to do? Is it to even out the scores? Is it to protect me when I don't need it? The past is in the past and I'm moving on from it. I have no permanent damage other than migraines every once in awhile and my hands with forever have a light tremor in them, but there's so much more I could have lost. I'm not going to loose you." Harry said firmly. His hand reached out and got mine in his. I gave his hand a squeeze and leaned closer to his hospital bed. He laughed a little, trying to lighten up the seriousness in the room. He's had a lot of those moments so I can't blame him for wanting to have some laughter now. I would give it to him, but in the back of my mind I thought of how bad life would be if Mark really did leave me because I did this fight and how many times I could get to visit my children after Niall finalized the divorce that would come too.