The Order of Disorder [0.1] The Strife

I'm sorry, but I had this idea and I had to write it down >.<

More chapters to come soon!

Here's my temporary Summary:

She's one of the few with the power of the ancient goddess of destruction flowing through her veins. He's one of the few with the rival blood of the goddess of peace. Both are to either to help or bring chaos to the world, but will it be blinded when these two with a fire and water relationship fall for each other? One could hope it will not end in a tragedy.

Vote? Comment? Fan? ;)

Cover image from Deviantart.

All rights reserved

©Kalee E 2010

--------------------------------

The woman raised the fruit to her lips,

Not knowing of its tainted desires.

With one bite, she was gone forever,

Lost in her chaotic dreams for all time.

-------------------------------

The taste of nectar danced on her tongue as she bit into the scarlet object, the meat of the fruit much sweeter than she expected. She didn't tend to like apples much, seeing that they at times reminded of old legends of her ancestor from long ago. A tale that still made her wonder if it was entirely true at times. Yet, taking another bite of the tantalizing food, she didn't seem to care. It served its purpose to her, something that would satisfy her hunger for now.

Sighing, she gazed back into the blue abysses that was suspended from above, her violet onyx locks surrounding her head like a dark halo.

It was days like this she could find herself upon the mixture of the flushed earth and dead grass of the canyon floors, its warmth radiating just beneath her fingertips as she watched another predator stalk the sky's ocean. It was a beautiful thing, observing as the golden hawk soared in the blue plains before gracefully falling to the ground, its feathers shimmering in the light as it grabbed the small pitiful target with one signal talon. Their killing was swift, and the victims tended to die rather much too quickly for her enjoyment. That was the only thing that made her roll her eyes, seeing that the predator had a lack of tormenting its prey. Instead, it would rather kill fast and eat it like the repetitive cycle of life commands it to do. A pity in her eyes, or like her eldest sister Dysnomia would usually say, 'A waste of a delightful misfortune.'

Staring, she realized there was now a white object in the heavens as it swept across the sky, its massive structure blocking the delectable heat of the sun.

Puzzled, she breathed in as the scent of humidity and fresh mud invades her lungs; its amore coming from the west as a cool breeze brushed against her pale skin. From the touch of the wind she could feel the tiny droplets that traveled with it.

Turning her head, she noticed that from beyond the towering ruby Mountains of Sedona, a group of clouds were forming. Their underbellies were a grayish indigo as a distant groan echoed throughout the canyon walls.

A thunderstorm was approaching, probably one of the many that will invade Arizona due to monsoon season. This would mean that it would bring possible streaks of stunning illumination in the backdrops of darkening sky, the thunder roaring like a viscous beast as it traveled over her home. She could already hear its memorizing melody within her ears as the weather reporter would foretell possible landslides to the east.

'A lovely way to end the day.' She thought to herself, feeling her ruby lips twist into a smirk at the malicious idea.

Laughing, she tossed the half eaten apple to the ground, a murmuring of words escaping her lips in a dead language her older sister had taught her as a child. Dysnomia would say if spoken right, a sequence of strange magical things would happen.

Observing where the apple had fallen, she watched as it shaped shifted into a striking jeweled colored viper, its red scales glimmering in the summer sun as it's golden catlike colored eyes stared at her.

Smiling, she lightly placed a hand along the scales in admiration. She was glad to see her little creation was such a beauty, seeing that she was probably the only one in her family to even bother making her creature's pleasing to the eyes.

Standing up, she quickly reaches into the Viper's mind and leaves one little request of it. With this implanted into the reptiles shrewd thought process, the creature slithered away with its form heading to the nearest campsite it could find. She wondered for a brief moment what would happen to the unknowing campers, yet, the more she thought the more she realized she could care less.

With her underling gone, she started down a narrow path of alternating rivers and creeks; heading for her home, knowing she had finished her last daily chore for the day.

After all, it was in the nature of a Strife to cause disorder.

----------------------------------

Alright, this is just the opening.

I'm working on the Concord's part then I'll start posting the chapters.

Please tell me if this ok so far, or if it needs work. :)