~Chapter 10~ Surviving The Nether

We have achieved the impossible, we've seen the inside of Herobrine's lair, and we escaped with our lives. "Save the materials from this portal Cory. Hopefully we can find the portal that leads us back home. But if we are overpowered by any nether world mobs, we can use it to escape to the Overworld." Fire instructs. "Yes Sir! I mean..Ma'am!" He destroys the rest of the portal. "I've heard ten blocks in the Overworld is one block here in the Nether." I say. "You are correct (Y/n), so the good news is we don't have to travel far to reach the portal that will take us home." Fire continues "The bad news is the Nether is a dangerous place, filled with lava and fiery mobs. Does everyone have enough food? We should fill up now and wait until everyone's health bars reach 100%." I check my inventory and find fourteen cooked pork chops and two uncooked potatoes. "I have fourteen cooked pork chops and two uncooked potatoes." I say. "I have ten cookies and five steak!" Cory exclaims. "Hey Cory, I'll trade you four carrots for one of your cookies?" Daphne asks Cory. "It's a deal! I need to eat more veggies anyway." Cory and Daphne trade. "We seem to have enough food, does everyone have a sword?" Fire asks. We all nod. "What is our current situation? Are there any immediate threats outside?" Fire asks Cory. "There were two ghasts in the distance but I don't think they saw me before I closed us in here." Cory answers. "There are pigmen everywhere, but they should not bother us unless we engage them. Surviving the ghasts will be our greatest challenge." Fire nods. "Thanks for the cookie Cory, it jacked my health bar to 100%!" Cory smiles. "Don't mention it!" We all laugh. Then Fire says "Well, if everyone's health bar is filled up, we should get going. Daphne, since you're the most skilled at deflecting ghasts fire balls, you lead the way." She nods and Fire breaks open two blocks out of the cobblestone room. We file out one by one and we assess our location. "I see what you mean about the pigmen Cory, they're everywhere!" Fire exclaims. "They don't worry me as much as those ghasts!" I say. Three ghasts are floating in the Nether sky, readying there attack. "And that's the way we need to go!" Cory yells. One of the ghasts shoots a fiery ball towards me. I hold up my sword defecting the ball of fire and deflect it back to the ghast and that kills it. "Good job (Y/n)!" Fire congratulates me. "There's to many! We need to make a run for it!" Daphne yells pointing towards a walkway at the entrance of a fortress.