Chapter 1

Nick and Judy raced through the dense undergrowth of the Rainforest District as they tried to keep the weasel in sight. The light drizzly rain made the ground slippery, though it seemed to hinder the weasel less than the other two mammals.

Nick noticed the hole in the huge dead tree leaning against the hill the weasel had started climbing. I bet he's headed up there. Sure enough, the weasel angled towards the tree, so Nick veered off and made his way downhill towards the base of the trunk. Just before he lost sight of them, he looked up to see the weasel dive into the hole, followed closely by Judy. You dumb bunny.

Nick poured on the speed and was able to tackle the weasel when he emerged from a crevice between the roots. "I ain't done nuthin' wrong! Why don't ya pick on someone else for a change?" The weasel continued to protest his innocence angrily as Nick cuffed him and Delgato jogged into view.

The weasel fell silent and cowered away from the approaching lion, who Nick started to greet when Judy's muffled voice interrupted him from inside the tree. "Uhh... Nick?" She spoke louder. "Nick! I need your help!"

Nick nodded to Delgato, who grabbed the weasel and waited while Nick checked out the tree. He hesitantly poked his head into the crevice to find that the trunk was mostly hollow. He looked up and saw that Judy was about twenty feet above him. "You ok?"

Judy nodded. "Uhh, sort of... can you come help me?"

"Be right up."

Delgato looked at Nick with a raised eyebrow. Nick shrugged, before he nodded at the weasel. "Can you read him his rights and take him in? I need to go check on my partner."

Nick climbed the hill and crawled into the hole, which was barely big enough for him to squeeze through. There was a small hollow in the tree, and against the far side was Judy's rear end sticking out from a hole in the wood. Nick walked closer to his partner's backside, smirking as he scratched his muzzle. "Huh."

Her tail twitched and Judy's voice was only slightly muffled when she replied, "What?"

"I see your problem, Carrots... you seem to be stuck in a hole."

Judy made a series of angry noises, sounds she usually reserved for those rare times that Nick pissed her off so much she couldn't form coherent words.

Finally she calmed down a bit and spoke. "Stop fooling around, Nick. I don't want anyone else to know I'm stuck in here."

"Relax Fluff, Delgato is taking the weasel in. There's no one here but you and me."

Judy struggled again, making grunting noises as she tried to move. Nick couldn't help but laugh. He also couldn't take his eyes off of her wiggling tail.

"Nick! Stop laughing at me and help!"

"You seem to have gotten yourself into a real jam here, Carrots."

"Nick, I swear-- "

Nick snapped his fingers. "Wait, I have an idea, I think I saw this in a cartoon once."

"What? Nick!"

"Yeah, we just have to wait until you burn off a few of those donuts you ate this week and then you'll slip right out."

This drew another flurry of incoherent angry noises from the rabbit, and she furiously lashed out with her legs. Nick backed away from her flailing kicks, before he grinned and gingerly reached out to tickle one of Judy's feet.

"Oh sweet cheese and crackers... Nick, stop tickling my foot!"

"Well, stop kicking or you're going to knock my head off."