Prologue

"Sam?" Colby walks into the living room to face his friend of 5 years. "We gotta talk." He takes a seat in front of him. 

"Sure what about man?" Sam didn't sense the tension. 

"You have to leave." The other boy demands looking his friend in the eyes. 

"Colb-"

"Just go Sam!" With rage in his action the younger boy gets up and storms off.  "You have until tomorrow to get all your stuff out!" And with that his door was slammed and the regret started to fill the boy as he stumbled over to his bed and fell onto it. 

 What had he just done? No words could come to his head, nothing. He had just lost his best friend, his brother, and all he could do was lie there. He had made a mistake and he was going to fix it.

 But he couldn't get up. His subconscious was weighing him down; Attacking him with deadly thoughts. He pushed it all aside and decided to get some rest so he could figure it out in the morning. 

 But that morning when he got up, Sam was gone. Colby felt hurt by his own words so naturally he went threw his phone and called all of Sam's friends. Non of them had seen him. Colby began to worry. 

 Sam had nothing and no one to go to. The guilt just build up in Colby's system. He was mad at the world when he kicked Sam out. He was just mad and now, what had he done? Without a second thought he ran to the coat rack and pulled his jacket off of it.

 "Sam!" He ran threw the streets yelling his name repetitively; he'd talk to strangers, workers, and anyone that would listen but no one had seen the boy. Colby started to feel worse and worse, the more people who told him "no" the more he wanted to take back what he had said to Sam. 

 He missed Sam. So while he still had a little bit of energy he went home and called the police. For the next few days he called everyone he thought could help. Even his mother hadn't seen him. Colby was starting to get really worried. 

Over the course of a month they found no clues as to where Sam went, all they knew was he was gone. His posters were everywhere and Colby was starting to get sick of seeing them. All his memories of Sam; the happy ones, the sad ones, the plain ones, he just wanted to get rid of them and start again. 

 Everyone still knew him as Colby from Sam and Colby and it was getting depressing. He was always going to be known as a half missing his other one. And he truly was, he was missing his other half, his smile, his laugh, his happiness. 

He was ultimately missing everything that made his life worth living and he couldn't stand it, knowing he was the reason that other half was gone, knowing that he was most likely dead. Some people thought Colby was the one who did it and they wouldn't be telling a complete lie, but Colby still felt hurt by it all.

 He wanted to throw the world away and hide. Hide from everything and everyone. Just die. If he could switch places with Sam he wouldn't think twice, he'd do it. Sam was everything to him and he threw it all away because of one little thing.

 Right now he just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. Cry all his tears, and fears out but he couldn't. He had to stay strong enough for the both of them. The old saying was true. 

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have left."

**************

Hello! Well, Idk I don't think this is very good but my friend told me it was and she also taught me how to write stories so I guess here you go?

~Anonymous