Finally

That afternoon, Becker made it home. Julie was outside on the front porch, smoking a cigarette. She eyed him and sneered.

Becker quietly went into the house and he changed clothes.

"Where were you last night?" she asked, voice tense in anger. She walked up to him, still holding the burning cigarette. "I tried to call you to get you to pick me up! Answer me!"

"I was with a friend," he replied. "Please don't yell at me." He would defend himself if he could, but he knew that the moment he laid a hand on her, she'd cry battery and he'd be thrown in jail. He looked at the cigarette in her hand and bit his lip, getting nervous.

"I'm gonna yell at you if I want to, Becker! Cause I know that if you dare touch me, I can get you thrown in jail in the blink of an eye. They'd never believe you," she cackled. She grabbed his wrist. "So, where were you last night?" she asked. "Hmm?"

Feeling pressure against his veins in his wrist, he felt the cigarette press down and begin to burn into his skin. He held strong and acted like it didn't even hurt. He knew it hurt like breaking a bone. He held back his whimpers and urges to scream and lash out at her for hurting him like she did.

Julie pulled the cigarette back and took out her pocket knife. She then cut him once where the burn was left and was about to put the cigarette back down on the spot to contaminate his wound. Flinching at the sight of the knife and then seeing the cigarette come back down, He pulled back his wrist immediately and was able to get out of her grasp. He stormed into the house and slammed the door in her face, almost catching her hand in the door jamb.

Rushing upstairs, Becker immediately got cold water and he tried to clean out the bleeding and burnt area. He took a deep breath and tried to relax. His lip quivered slightly, but he thought it was weak to cry. He knew a burn wasn't that bad, but to him, it singed with hatred from the one who used to love him.

He got a band-aid and put it on the wound. He then washed his face and pushed his shoulders back. He sighed and then went to pack some stuff. He changed clothes as well and then got a small bag of important stuff and other clothes.

Texting Alex his plan, he planned on leaving Julie for good and making sure that she didn't follow. He saw her pouring some orange juice. He had some strong narcotics in his bag from where he had to take some hydrocodone for his broken nose. He slipped 2 pills into her drink, knowing that one pill would make him pass out for a few hours. He could only imagine what would happen if she had two.

He sat on the couch for a bit, waiting for her to drink all of her drink and then pass out. Once she did, he grabbed all of his stuff and took his car. He texted Isabella that he was on his way back. He had his other good friend, Oliver, drive his motorbike to Isabella's place.

Knocking on the door, Becker's heart raced. Had he messed up by drugging his abuser? He felt really good doing that to her and he smirked at the thought. It's not like he killed her. When Isabella opened the door, Becker hugged her tightly. "Can I crash at your place for a while?" he asked, holding her in his arms.

"Yeah! Sure! As long as you want or need!" she replied.

"Okay. Good. I've left Julie and I'm hoping she won't try to come after me."

"You did?"

"I did. I drugged her with some strong sleeping medicine."

"What kind?"

"An opioid. Hydrocodone."

Isabella smiled. "Really? How many did you give her?" she asked, pulling back. She kissed his cheek again and helped him put his stuff away.

"2 pills," he replied. "She'll be out for a while."

"Oh goodness!" she squeaked. "I bet!" She snickered.

"Yeah," he said. "I hope you won't mind."

"No! Not at all! It's nice to have someone around. It gets kinda lonely sometimes."

Becker smiled. "Does it?" he teased. He winked at her and put up his last shirt. "Well, I'm here now." He giggled and he sat on her bed. He yawned and relaxed. "It feels so nice to be away from her...to actually sleep on a bed for once. She's always put me on the couch."

Isabella smiled. "Well, you can sleep here and sleep as long as you wish!"

"Well, thank you, dear. That means a lot. I really appreciate it."

"Anytime, Becker!" she replied. She hugged him and kissed his cheek again.