Chapter 33: Forever

Arabella's Pov

I waved at Orion as I got into the car. Autumn was asleep in the backseat. I liked to drive to my destinations early while she was asleep. She would always cry. I don't know why she didn't like cars during the day time but it put her to sleep at night. That was the only way I got her to sleep as a baby. I would put her in the car and drive in circles around the apartment. She liked staring out the window and she soon went to sleep. It always worked.

My brother met me when I was close to the cave. He leaned against my car before telling me to get out.

"Sorry, I have to check you for weapons. It's my job," he said. He patted down my legs and my arms.

"I get it," he grabbed onto my chin and stared into my eyes. I frowned and pulled away from him.

"You haven't had enough blood. You have shadows under your eyes. Do you not have enough?" He asked. I picked Autumn out the car while he grabbed my bags.

"There's enough. I just don't drink it. It... It sounds crazy... But it smells really horrible," he laughed and shook his head at me. I followed him into the house. He walked up the stairs then put my suitcase down on the floor beside a bed. I guess this was where I was supposed to be staying the week.

"It's blood. It doesn't smell all fancy. Say, do you not have the craving for it anymore?" I put Autumn on the bed when he asked. He just stared at her. He's never seen her before. I don't even think he knew I had a daughter. I don't think Orion ever told him. The same as he never told him I was going away for two years. It didn't matter,"Orion never told me you went away. Why'd you go without telling me?"

"I didn't have much of a choice. He made me keep it from everyone. He didn't tell me I was going away until the day I had to pack," I murmured. I sat down on the bed.

"Why'd you leave?"

"His brother tried to kill me. I was pregnant with Autumn. He sent me away to protect both of us," I put my hand on my stomach. He frowned at me then looked to the door.

"Jared, leave me alone with my daughter," my mother stood at the door. Jared stood up.

"When did she become your daughter Cassandra?" He asked. His eyes darkened and his fangs came out.

"When she asked for my help," she sat on the bed and picked up Autumn. Jared left and closed the door.

We sat in silence for awhile. She rocked Autumn and murmured some song under her breath. I watched her then stood up and went to look from the window. I think this was the only window in the house. They weren't immune to the sun. Only I was.

"Now, tell me why you're here. You and I both know that your father is dead and that I killed him," she looked down at Autumn. I nodded at her.

"I'm supposed to be on my heat this week."

"Why aren't you?" She frowned. I looked at the ground.

"I'm three months pregnant and I'm trying to keep it from Orion," I whispered. She just stared into my face.

"You should've told me that earlier," I ran my hand through my hair.

"I don't know what to do. If he knows I'm pregnant, he'll send me away to protect both of us. He's done it before, he'll do it again," I ran my hands through my hair.

"Okay, stay as long as you need," she put Autumn down on the bed,"everything you need will be sent to your room."

"Thank you mother," I whispered. She nodded at me.

Orion's Pov

I was sitting in my chair in my office when Will walked in. He sat on the chair in front of me. He opened his mouth to say something then closed it.