Room For Two

Alex's POV

_____

"So, you'll go on a date with me?" Jack asked me with a shy smile on his face. I felt myself blush and nod.

"Yeah, whenever you want." I told him. We were still on his couch, cuddled up together.

"Okay. You have to hold up your side of the promise." He looked up to me. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "Remember? You promised that if you agreed to go on a date with me, you'd sing for me." I faintly remembered saying that to him. The expression on his face was beyond adorable.

"What do you want me to sing?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Anything you want." He leaned up and kissed my cheek lightly. I laughed a little.

"Okay. If you say so." I cleared my throat. "Rush of the past, I quietly crash and the tables turn. You're beautiful strange, defiantly brash, be careful now." I stopped, bracing myself for his reaction. His eyes were closed, his head on my cheat and a content smile on his lips.

"That was-" He opened his eyes and looked up at me. "Just mind-blowing. Sing more." I blushed even harder.

"Um, okay. Do you want me to continue that song?"

"I don't even care. I just want to hear you." He closed his eyes again.

"Okay." I took a deep breath. "Time to lay claim to the evidence, fingerprints sold me out. But our footprints washed away from the docks downtown. It's been getting late for days, and I think myself deserving of a little time off. We can kick it here for hours and just mouth off about how the world and how we know it's going straight to hell." I kept singing until I came to the end of the song.

"You're absolutely amazing, you know that right?" He told me when I'd finished. I laughed nervously.

"Thank you." I told him. He sat up.

"I'm going to take a shower. You go back to your room and get dressed. We're going out for breakfast." He gave me a quick kiss. "Be back here in twenty."

"Thirty." I challenged him. He smirked.

"If you're not done in twenty, I'm dragging you out of the shower myself." He retorted, a sly smirk on his face. I didn't want to find out if he was bluffing or not, so I stood and went back to my room, rushing in the shower. My hair actually wanted to behave when I'd straightened it, so I had a few more minutes to get dressed.

Jack was at my door exactly twenty minutes later, dressed and ready to go.

"I knew you'd be ready." He told me, taking my hand in his. I scoffed.

"Whatever. I'm always on time." I argued. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"I won't go there with you." He tugged me along through the quad and off-campus.

"Where are we going?" I asked him after we'd crossed two streets and had found ourselves at least a block away from campus. He put a finger to his lips. I sighed, I didn't like surprises. He opened the door to a small salad and soup restaurant for me. I stepped inside, and the aroma of freshly made bread enveloped me. My stomach rumbled it's desires.

"I think someone's hungry."  Jack teased. I covered my stomach.

"Are you serious, you heard that?" I asked him, my voice hushed. He nodded.

"I hear a lot of things, Alex. For example, that couple over there is arguing about what to name their dog." He said, nodding his head in the direction of a brunette woman with a man who looked a lot older than her. "And that old woman over there is telling her grandson about what it was like when she went to school." I glanced over to the older woman and young boy. The boy had his head propped on his arm, his facial expression bored.

"Now I know not to mumble anything negative." I joked. He smiled.

"That's right." A waitress came over to us and lead us to where we'd be seated at. Jack pulled out my chair for me, making me blush.

"You don't have to be all gentleman-ly to me." I told him sheepishly.

"I want to though." He said to me. I dropped my head so he wouldn't see that my face was all red. He sat down across from me and picked up his menu. When the waitress came back and took our drink orders, Jack opened his mouth and said "Coffee, and do you have those small things of creamer? I don't like dry creamer."

"I think we do, but in the back. I can get a few for you. A specific flavour?" The waitress, Kendal, asked him. He shrugged.

"Hazelnut, vanilla, I'm not picky. Thank you." He told her. I shook my head at him. He was such a dork sometimes. Kendal looked to me.

"The same." I told her. She wrote that down on her notepad and left the table. "You're a dork, Jack."

"But I'm your dork, Alex." Jack grinned at me. I liked that statement, Jack was mine. I leaned across the table and kissed him, not being able to stop myself. When I pulled away from him, he began giggling like a little girl.

"What?" I asked him feeling a grin spread across my face. No one could be upset or angry when listening to Jack's laugh.

"Nothing." He giggled once more. "I'm just really happy is all." The waitress came back with our coffee and twelve little packs of creamer for the both of us. We thanked her and ordered. I ordered a small stack of pancakes, while Jack ordered a breakfast omelette. When our food came back, we both dug into our food."Oh my God, Alex, you have to try this. Here." He cut off a piece of his omelette with his fork and fed it to me.

"Mmm, that's good." I told him, once it had hit my tongue.

"Right?" He grinned at me. We continued eating, casually joking and talking to each other. When we'd finished, both of our hands landed on the check.

"I asked you out, therefore, I'm paying." Jack stated firmly. I shook ny head.

"Let me pay half then. I don't want to feel like I owe you." I replied evenly.

"Alex, you putting up with me is enough. You will never owe me anything." He sighed. "You can pay the tip. You're not paying the bill." I frowned but let him have his way.

"Fine, but next time I'm paying." I told him, taking a five out of my wallet and placing it on the table.

"So there will be a next time?" Jack asked me. He stood and I stood as well. I slapped his arm playfully.

"Yes, there will be. And a time after that, and a time after that, as well." I smiled up at him. We walked up to the counter and Jack paid for our meal. He held the door for me and I walked through. He slipped his hand in mine.

"I really like you, Alex." He told me.

"I know, you tell me that all the time."

"Really? I don't think I tell you that enough."

"It's okay. I like hearing it." I gave him a quick kiss. "I really like you, Jack." I told him as I leaned in for another kiss. I did really like Jack. I didn't care about how odd things had been, or how weird he was sometimes, because he was mine, and I was his. And nothing was going to change that anytime soon.

The End.

___

A/N: I suck, it's almost midnight. But I hope this helps you sleep. It's calming and beyond cute. I enjoyed writing this, I hope you liked reading it. I think I'll write something else that'll be posted sometime either tomorrow or the day after. Tell me in the comments what you'd like to see me write for you. See you all soon. -Kerria