Ch5 - Care

It took a while, but Jeff's condition had slowly started improving with Austin's help.
Austin stayed with Jeff since the day he got Jeff's text, making sure he was taking proper care of himself.
Jeff's stomach was recovering from his prolonged starving, and he was able to eat regularly again in a matter of days.

Austin's presence made Jeff feel calmer, safer, just overall more comfortable than he felt on his own.
They hadn't spoken of their huge heart-wrenching dialogue from a few days ago at all, both of them focused on getting Jeff back on track.

One evening, however, Austin was cooking up a pot of ramen for the two of them while Jeff sat on the couch, watching some random late night TV show.

"Dinner is served!" Austin sang, setting up the table.

"Jeff, come on!" He called, looking over to where the shorter man was sitting.
His eyes were closed and his head was cocked to the side, his chest rising and in a steady rythm.
Austin smiled, quietly walking over to where Jeff was sleeping.
He knelt down in front of him, taking a moment to study him.

Jeff was a fairly attractive man, but austin never took the time to fully appreciate him.
His dusty green eyes were now closed, dark rings surrounding them from his lack of sleep.
His cheekbones were sharp, accenting the dimples in his cheeks, connecting down to his chiseled jawline and unkempt stubble.
Austin's gaze lingered on Jeff's mouth, his full lips slightly parted.
Austin tried to recall the brief moment of Jeff's smooth lips against his own.
His heart sunk at the thought of the kiss and he shook his head, reaching up and tapping Jeff's shoulder, pushing him lightly.

"Hey, wake up." He tried to sound amused, but he was deep in thought, still glancing at Jeff's lips every so often.

Jeff stirred a bit, opening his eyes slowly and turning his head to focus on Austin.
Austin could have sworn his heart skipped a beat when Jeff's gaze met his own, when Jeff smiled at the sight of Austin's face.
Austin coughed, ripping his eyes off Jeff, genuinely hoping he wasn't blushing.

"Come on, I made dinner."
He stood up, turning to the table, hearing the couch squeak behind him as Jeff got up.

They ate in silence, Jeff taking a while longer to finish his plate as his stomach was still somewhat sensitive.
Austin looked at him every so often, not sure if his looks were because of concer or...something else.

After a while Austin went to sit on the couch, Jeff heading over to the bathroom to take a shower.

Austin flipped through channels on the TV, the sound of running water in the background making him squirm in his seat.
Jeff was only a door away, fully naked in the shower, and something about that fact made Austin feel oddly tense, uncomfortable, even.
He stood up, walking over to the kitchen to get a glass of water, noticing the door was creaked open a bit, steam pouring out of the slit.

As Austin passed the small opening, he became tempted to look inside, looking around as if there was someone to judge him for what he was thinking about.
He sighed.
Just a glance wouldn't hurt, would it?
He took a deep breath, approaching the door, leaning on the frame.
He was just checking.
There is nothing dubious about checking.
He held his breath, turning to look inside.

He nearly dropped his glass.

Jeff stood in the tub, turned to the wall, his side facing the door.
He was looking up at the shower head, water running down his face as he ran his hands through his hair, his thin but strong arms flexing and stretching.
Austin's gaze wandered down to Jeff's chest, his ribs poking out at the side, droplets of water gliding down his side to his hipbone, across his thighs and knees and all the way to the floor.

Jeff began shifting in place, turning to get the water to run down his body at different angles.
Which meant Austin now had a clear view of some things.
His eyes were fixated on a certain spot on Jeff's body, all the blood from Austin's brain now drained down someplace else.

He tore himself away from the door, practically sprinting back to the couch and slamming the glass on the table.
He put his head in his hands, staring at the floor and ruffling his hair.
Austin was blushing madly, his cheeks burning up, the image of Jeff naked plastered in his mind.
He slapped his cheeks a few times, taking deep breaths as he tried to focus on the TV.

This was absolutely inappropriate.
He was here to watch over Jeff, not stalk him in the shower and think about what it'd be like to ride Jeff's-

He shook his head angrily, tossing himself into a laying position and covering his face with a pillow.

He took a deep breath, the scent of the pillow assaulting his nose.
It smelled like dust, cologne, and foresty air freshner.
It smelled like Jeff.
Austin flipped the pillow off his face and held it to his chest, staring at the ceiling.

Spending this much time was definitely having an effect on Austin.
The only bad thing was he wasn't sure if he liked that effect.
He glanced down at his crotch, sighing in frustration before standing up and sprinting over to the spare bedroom.

He was here to take care of Jeff, but right now, he had to take care of himself.