Chapter 3

The Charade

Harry and I woke up to the smell of cinnamon rolls.

I stayed in bed while Harry got up and put his robe on. "Aren't you coming?" He asked, his hair all over the place.

"No. It's too dangerous." I covered myself with Harry's blanket and shivered.

He laughed, "oh please." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of his warm bed. "Just act normal and don't mention the certificate."

We walked down stairs and were greeted by my dad, holding a platter of cinnamon rolls. "Hey champs!" He screamed.

Sometimes our dad is overly happy. He likes to laugh and make jokes. Harry and I just go along with it.

"Hey old man!" Harry punched my dad's stomach and patted him on the back.

My dad laughed, "you call that a punch kiddo?"

Harry wrapped his arm around my dad's shoulders and they walked into the kitchen, side by side.

I walked in after them.

My mom gave me a big hug and kissed my forehead.

"Cinnamon rolls anyone?" My mom asked, cheerfully.

"Don't mind if I do." My dad grabbed one and took a huge bite out of it.

He looked at me and smiled, his food gushing out of the corners of his mouth. "How's my baby girl?"

I smiled and gave him a thumbs up, "I'm good, I'm good."

He nodded in agreement. "Fair enough."

We all sat down at the table and ate breakfast together as a family.

My dad talked about sports with Harry and my mom talked to me about boys.

Just the usual.

"Do you guys happen to have my birth certificate? Or any kind of certificate?" I interrupted. I know Harry told me not to bring up the certificate but I can't just let it go.

He'd understand if he were in my position.

My parents looked at each other and so did Harry.

"Why, dear?" My mom asked.

"I just want to see it. That's all." I smiled and took a sip of my orange juice.

My dad coughed to clear his throat, "it's somewhere up in the attic."

Of course.

It was in the messiest part of the whole entire house. Full of ants, spiders and dust.

-

Sorry guys, not a really long chapter but I'm hoping you are enjoying it so far! Don't forget to leave comments for me.

Thank you all!