Tribulations and Surprises

Your POV

You wake up to the rapping sound of someone on the other side of the door. You sit up and turn to your right to see the most beautiful girl in the world. Her mouth is slightly parted and her long dark locks are spread out like a halo on your pillow. Her arm is placed on your stomach and you smile as you watch her peacefully sleep. The rapping sound comes again and you groan.

"One minute!" You call, annoyed. You turn over to look at your alarm clock. It reads 10:24 am. It's Saturday. They knew you had the day off. What could they want? You look at Lauren again and lightly kiss her cheek. You notice the trace of a small, sly smile on the corners of Lauren's mouth. You grin at her cuteness and poke her side playfully. She giggles softly and turns over to look at you.

"Shhhhh, sleep," she says groggily.

"I can't, babe, someone is at the door," you say, smiling. Lauren pouts and pulls your pillow on top of her head. You swing your legs over the side of the bed and quickly pull on a grey and green sweatshirt. You open the door and are met by a pair of beautiful brown eyes.

"Camila!" You say surprised, "I-I didn't know you were coming over." You mentally kick yourself for your stutter. You lean against the door frame and purse your lips. You hear Lauren sit up in your bed. Camila smiles and pulls a bouquet of bright red roses out from behind her back.

"What? No good morning hug and kiss?" Camila teases. You laugh and give her a warm hug. She promptly kisses your cheek. It's a bit too long of a kiss to be friendly. You mentally urge Lauren to come and help you. You never know what to do in these situations.

"I was just wondering if we could finish our little date that ended so suddenly yesterday," Camila says, biting her bottom lip. Almost as if Lauren received her internal plea for help, Lauren walks over to the door. She wraps her arms around you in a hug and Camila takes a step back, stunned.

"Y-You slept with her?" Camila exclaims, pointing accusingly to Lauren. Both you and Lauren look at each other in shock at what Camila implied.

"It's not what it looks like!" You both say simultaneously. Camila takes another step back, her arm dropping the flower bouquet limply to her side. Tears begin to well in her brown orbs.

"Why did I ever get my hopes up that you would love me like I love you? I should have never fallen in love with you," Camila says, tears spilling down her cheeks. She turns to leave and you quickly grasp her hand, turning her around to face you. You pull her into a tight embrace and put all the love you can muster into that one hug. You pull her away at arm's length and lead her to your room. Camila reluctantly follows. You take Lauren's hand as you enter and guide them to the edge of your bed.

"Let's have a little talk, shall we," you say solemnly. You hold both Lauren's and Camila's hands in your own. "Camila, I have loved you from day one. Your beautiful personality and brilliant smile made me want you so bad. However, I was also enamored by Lauren. To say the least, I was falling in love with the both of you and knew it was going to be trouble," you say. Camila takes her hand back and puts it in her lap. A new tear drips down her chin and she sniffles. "Last night my heart sorted things out. Last night, I realized who I was in love with. When Lauren came over last night, we had a talk, and I asked her to be my girlfriend." Camila allows a whole new set of tears to flow. "I love Lauren. But I love you. And I don't want to lose you, Camila. You are such a wonderful girl and I would hate myself if I lost one of my best friends. If we can be friends after this. I really hope so," you say with hope. Lauren rubs her thumb over your knuckles in a loving gesture, and you squeeze her hand. Camila sniffs again and puts her head on your shoulder.