twelve

Taylor's P.O.V.

I sit on the comfortable love seat in Harry's living area. I rest and feel the slow pain rise in my lower back. I let out a small groan, and adjust my back a bit more. I hear the keys jingle at the door, I stand quickly to my feet and run to the nearest closet. I know it's Lauren, and I know she would freak out if she witnessed me getting super comfy in Harry's home.

I peep through the little slits in the closet revealing all of the outside. I see Harry sit his keys and suitcase on the table sitting near the entrance of the house, "Taylor," he calls out loudly.

I slowly move the closet door open, "I thought you were Lauren," I admit.

He gives a small smile, "What are you doing here, Taylor," he asks and moved past me into the living room. "I thought you left me earlier, but here you are."

"What do you mean, you told me I could stay here," I question.

"I know I did, I'm sorry," he sighs and rubs his forehead. "I just," he says, but silences himself.

"Is it okay if I stay a few nights, and I promise I'll be out in a few days," I ask. I only need a temporary sleeping place, and then I'll be gone. I hate doing this, I will always feel like a burden to everyone.

"Of course, however long you need," he says in a content tone, but I know it secretly stresses him out.

"I know you're tired of me, and I cause a lot of issues you do not need," I sigh, "I'm sorry."

Harry's P.O.V.

She truly is amazing and such a deeply caring person. The most broken girl in the world still manages to apologize for something that isn't even her fault. I can't help but instantly regret my past decisions, even my most recent ones.

"I know Lauren dislikes me and that she doesn't actually approve of me staying with or near you," she smiles sadly. "I understand it, Harry."

I walk to her and stand in front of her, I move a strand of hair from in front of her face, "Don't let her intimidate you like that, you know she doesn't mean anything she says."

"Don't worry about me," she says coldy. Its like she let down her wall but built it up as soon as she could. "I won't be a problem anymore."

I let out a small laugh, "You aren't a problem at all," I smile. She just frowns. "I'm the problem," I admit, "I'm the one who has messed up too much, not you," I say apologizing.

"Sometimes," she begins, "Sometimes I just we never would have met," she says. Ouch.

She may have a point? If we never would have met, she wouldn't be where she is now. She might be happy and married with beautiful children, she would be happy. Instead, she stands in front of me broken, lost, and scared all because of one mistake, my mistake. I have to be honest with her, I must tell her everything.

"I have to tell you something," I manage to say, my voice cracking as the words leave my mouth.

I look directly to the ground, too ashamed to look in her eyes. "What?"

I bring whatever courage I have out of me to even try to say this. I peek up at Taylor who stands there with a lost look on her face. I look away, letting a tear fall from my face, but quickly wipe it away, "I've been keeping tabs on you," I admit, "but everything I collect on you, I am turning into my boss, well I was."

The look on her face completely falls, she steps back. She walks quickly up to me and brings her hand full contact with my cheek. I feel the burning spread across my cheek, "You're an asshole," she cries. She takes a step back, "After all of these years, you had every opportunity to become a person, an actual person, but you're not. You have no feelings for anyone but yourself," she screams throwing pillows and picture frames.

"Taylor," I yell, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," I cry.

She let's out a laugh, "No, you're selfish."

"Don't even go there," I yell, "I've opened up to you, I've let you in my home. I've opened up every aspect of me and have offered it to you," I tell her.

She let's out another laugh, her eyes still flowing with tears, "and I bet you told your boss every single detail," she snaps. "You make me sick, Harry, you do. You know," she pauses, "For a second, I thought you cared, I thought you changed. You didn't."

I walk closer to her, but she just takes more steps away from me, "I actually care for you, please believe me. I go every day hoping you are safe, hoping you are happy, I fucking care," I attempt to tell her, but she refuses to listen.

"I never ever want to see you or speak to you again," she says and walks to the door. She turns to me, looks me straight in the eyes, and coldly says, "But this time... I mean it."

"Taylor," I cry, "Please, don't leave," I call for her, but she just keeps walking. I hear the door slam loudly, I fall to my knees. I'm left alone for the millionth time, and I deserve to be left alone. I am an absolutely horrible person.

That's not it though, just by having her in my life, and having her walk out of it it, it's made me realize one thing. I've fallen back in love with her, but this time, I refuse to let her get hurt by me ever again. If I am forced to lose my job, my girlfriend, my friends, well then so fucking be it. She has a hold on me now, and I'm screwed because I know how stubborn she can be, and she will literally act as if I've never existed to prove she actually hates me.

This may drive me insane, I think to myself..