Chapter 5

I woke up and felt comfortable in the thick blankets which were keeping me warm. Realising that I was lying in my bed, I opened my eyes fully. I don't remember me tucking myself in the blankets? I lightly blushed at the thought of something. Whas it Baekhyun? I asked myself. No way! It must be Minsu or maybe other maids who passed by my bedroom and saw me asleep on top of my bed.

I stood up from my comfy bed and opened the curtains widely. Sunshine shone brightly through the window, giving me a good view of my bedroom and also giving it a lively vibe. I opened my wardrobe and to my surprise, it was full of clothes. All of them where my size.

I took an outift and did my morning routine. I smiled while coming downstairs and entered the dining room. My stomach was already making noises, clearly not pleased by the fact that it was empty. I noticed that Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen in the dining room. I pouted and sat down on a chair at the table. I didn't want to be alone, even bad company would be good enough. 

"Good morning." Minsu bowed and placed my breakfast in front of me on the table.

"Thank you" I smiled and ate from the delicious food. I was staring the whole time at Baekhyun's chair in front of me. Where is he?

"He's gone for a while." I heard a female voice which belonged to a maid from behind me. I turned around as she smiled friendly at me. She must have noticed me staring at Baekhyun's chair.

"Euh...thank you" I smiled, feeling kind of embarrassed all of a sudden. I continued to eat my breakfast and then went to my bedroom after I placed my plate and glass in the sink.

I was lying on my bed, thinking about what I can do because it's boring to be alone like that. If there was someone who could speak to me it would be better. Minsu? Nop, she's probably doing her work. I sighed and pouted. After a few minutes I fell alseep like that on my bed.

---

I woke up by a dream that I never had before.

"Mom, i'll play outside" i shouted to my mom who was with grandmother drinking tea in the living room.

"Okay be careful and don't approach the river!"

"Okay, mom" I ran to an open place and played in the grass. I firstly made a tiara with daisies but after a while I got bored and played with my red ball. I trow the ball in the air and when I wanted to catch it, I missed it and it rolled down the grass to the river. I quickly ran after it and tried to catch it before it will fall into the water but unfortunately it was too late. I pouted, seeing my red ball floating in the river. I approached the water and tried to grab it but my arm was too short. I looked around to search something that could help me. A long and strong branch was hanging just above the water where my ball was. I smiled and carefully crawled on it. The branch moved a bit but I didn't fall. I stuck my arm out and tried to grab the ball but it was too far. Suddenly I heard a loud 'crack' and the next thing I know was me in the water. I couldn't swim and tried to reach the surface for air but I couldn't. I slowly started seeing black spots everywhere. Before everything turned black I felt a strong grip on my arm bringing me up to the surface. My eyes shot open and I panted hard. I looked to my right to see a boy looking worried about me and he looked like ... Baekhyun?

I rubbed my tired eyes. I don't know if my dream was real or not but the worst is that Baekhyun appeared in my dream. Something in me said that Baekhyun a warmhearted person was and not the coldhearted like now. I frowned and stood up, slightly feeling confused.

I knocked on the door of the library but there was no response so I entered it. It was silent like always and when I went further into it, I saw Baekhyun on his armchair reading a book like always.

"You're home?" I asked him and was a bit happy deep inside me.

"Yes" he simply replied and gave me a glance. I walked up and sat in the other armchair. It was bored and staring at Baekhyun was rude so I wanted to read a book too.

"Can I read a book?" I asked him softly, unsure if i could or not. He looked up from his book.

"No." he simple said and turned his attention back to his book. I pouted and played with my feet. I just could go out of the library but it would stay the same; bored.

"But I'm bored and I've nothing to do." I whined like a child and he looked up again. He sighed and stood up from his comfy armchair.

He opened the closet and took a random book. He handed me the book and sat back down on his armchair. I looked at the book he gave me and it was my favorite book that I always read, back on Earth.

"It's my favorite book." I beamed, feeling happy but also a bit confused.

"I know." he simply said, his eyes still on his book. My light smile faded away and I frowned. I was totally confused. 

"How do you know?" I asked him curiously and he looked immediately at me after he realised what he said and what I asked.

He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He searched for words but didn't find them so he turned his attention back to the book and ignored me totally.

I gave him a last glance and stood up. I left the room and went to the garden attached to the castle.

The garden was so big and beautiful, it was full flowers and a few trees. I searched for a good spot to read my book. I went further into the garden and sat down on a bench against a wall. I opened my book and began to read silently.

Midway my book I felt something bumping against my leg. I looked down and saw little black creatures with big eyes.

They were cute but when I kneeled down and looked at one of them closely, more than 50 of those creatures came out from their holes

They were cute but when I kneeled down and looked at one of them closely, more than 50 of those creatures came out from their holes. They encircled me and I just smiled because they jumped and made weird things, as if they were happy to see me.

"Haru?" I heard Minsu calling my name from a distance.

"Yes?" I turned around to see her at the door of the porch.

"Dinner is ready." she said and I nodded in return. I turned around and waved bye to the small creatures. They went back into their holes and I went inside the castle to eat. My stomach was asking for food.

I sat down at the table as Baekhyun was in front of me on his chair. But because the table was long, there was a distance between us. We ate in silence and not one word came out from our mouths.

To be continued...