4

It had been a few days since the attack and everyone had returned home to their families. Each had not spoken about the incident or the special abilities it gave them. Till this very day Kirstie was still unsure of her ability unlike everyone else who were secretly testing it when they were alone. Avi who could freeze time, Mitch and his invisibility, Scott's mind control, and Kevin who could heal.

It turned to the weekend and the gang were able to rest before they would have to return to school.

Kirstie was strolling through her local park trying to get some fresh air after all the recent events. She'd also arranged to meet with her boyfriend Matt. Thoughts raced in her head.

"I can't believe this shit..." She sighed while leaning against a tree. "I know I can't tell him... but it's eating me alive."

"Hey sexy!" Matt suddenly jumped up behind her.

"Oh! Hey baby." Kirstie hid the fact that she was distressed.

Immediately, he went in for a kiss. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her in with force. Linking lips he slipped his tongue inside and swirled it aggressively. This was always a downside to dating Matt.

(God, she's so hot. Eh but Mandy was better.)

"What?!" Kirstie pushed him off.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! I didn't even say anything!" Matt snapped.

"B-But yes you did..." She curled up.

"No. I! didn't!" He emphasised every word.

Kirstie felt embarrassed and small. But she was so sure that she heard something. Matt was pretty angry but he saw how vulnerable Kirstie was and he decided to use it to his advantage.

Walking closer to her he said "For making me mad, you owe me... how about we go back to mine huh?" He winked.

"Okay.." She faked a smile.

(Just as easy as Mandy too, God cheating on her was probably the best decision of my life.)

"You cheated on me?!" Kirstie pushed him off once again.

"What the fuck?! You're fucking crazy! You know what... I'm out!" Matt stomped away with frustration being fed up of Kirstie's random outbursts.

Kirstie broke down in tears. She grabbed her things and paced down the park until she found a quiet grassy area that she could just be alone in. She slowly started to realise just what her ability was. Was it true that she could hear the thoughts of other people? She thought back to the time in the hospital and remembered what all of those doctors were saying about her
in their head. All the mean things... It was crazy to hear what people actually thought about you. Kirstie was basically the most popular girl in school, she thought she was liked, loved and adored. But if her boyfriend could cheat on her with her own best friend, who knows what everyone else did behind her back.

Kirstie sat down picking the grass trying to clear her mind.

"Kirstie?" A voice appeared out of nowhere.

She turned around and to her surprise she saw the new guy from school.

"Oh hi." She tried her hardest to put on a smile.