chapter 1

Bernie gets out of her car and heads straight for pulses. She remembers that Serena will of already been here for around 1hr so will surely need another fix of caffeine. She orders two coffees and then heads towards the lift.

"Morning Ms Wolfe" "Oh morning Fletch, sorry im in a world of my own today" "No problem, ready for a hectic day on AAU" "As always".

The lift now opened and Bernie made a swift exit and headed towards her office. Serena was in deep thought looking at a patients notes when the door opened, it was Bernie. Serena's mouth curved into a smile.

"Good Morning Bern" "Good Morning indeed Rena" Serena loved it when Bernie called her 'Rena'. "I bought you a cup of coffee" "Thank you".

Bernie gave Serena the cup of coffee then sat down at her own desk, she logged on to her computer skimming through her emails. There was a knock at the door.

Raf walked in. "Ms Wolfe, Mr Hanssen would like too see you in his office" Serena's head shot up, she was now staring at Bernie looking for a reaction. "Okay" Bernie said calmly.

Raf left. "Bern are you okay" "Yes ill go and find out whats happened" "Okay" and with that Bernie was gone.

*Hanssens Office*

Bernie knocked on Hanssens office door. "Come in" "Hello Mr Hanssen, what seems too be the problem" "Ah Ms Wolfe, we have had to hire your ex husband as a anaethatist" "Oh" Bernie felt a little strange. "We hope this doesnt cause you any distress" "Thank you for letting me know" "One last thing, he will be working on AAU" "Erm okay".

Serena saw Bernie walking towards the office.
"Hey, what happened" "Marcus has been hired too work on AAU" "Oh, are you okay?" "I guess" "Just try to forget about it for now"

*1:36 am*

Serena had gone too get Bernie and herself a cup of coffee, she was in the queue and noticed Marcus walking through the doors too the hospital, then heading too the lift. She quickly whipped her phone out.

Bern, Marcus is on his way up x

She then pressed send, hoping she checked her phone.