7 ~ Wild Life

The field wasn't exactly sweltering with heat. It was comfortable to wear a sweater no less. The light breeze swept by as they all stood silently waiting, the impatient tap of fingers against the wood, the silent hums as the two boys enjoyed the nice weather. "should we take a walk, yeah?" Paul asked suddenly, beaming between them. standing up as Ringo George stood idly by. Paul brushed through the branches to retrieve the lute. "Let's go." He said holding up his lute in a random direction as though he was charging into battle. Well, random to The two men who came from no where. Walking amongst rolling hills, another tree appeared with green grass that seemed tacky in color contrast. From dusty yellow to bright green. It seemed more at home with spring hills of new grass and blooming flowers. A time of rebirth. The outer brush of the woods met their feet as Paul messily stumbled forwards into the thickets of vines, pine straw, and dead leaves from the umbrella trees. It was sick with death. But the tops seem to reach higher than ever towards a vast limitless of blue skies. "This way," Paul mumbled. Another voice was following among a choir of other voices. "Linda!" Paul shouted. Their eyes landed on a river, a thicket of dead browning grass surrounded a tree as its trunk twisted into the water. Two black rocks standing tall and proud like two mountain peaks. But there was another set of boulders. A woman was set in the middle of a rushing river in the lotus position on a moss covered boulder that almost seemed like it was painted green. Her blonde hair falling on her back. The color resembling the endless wheat field of golden strands they'd come from only moments ago. She turned her head as she sat on the mossy stone in the middle of a river that brushed softly past weaving around the other stepping stones. Her eyes focusing on turning as her mouth continued to sing with the choir which was nowhere in sight. She had strong features and deeply brown eyes that seemed to carry a light-hearted nature. She looked down and rubbed her swollen belly as her pregnant navel peaked through her white shirt that acted as a curtain, a slit directly down the middle exposing skin. The singing suddenly stopped. She focused on her dear friend as she agilely moved along the small channel like some kind of beautiful woodland nymph. "Hey Paul!" She exclaimed, kissing his baby fat cheek as a small blush crept onto his face. A small smile gracing his plump lips. "who're they." She said gesturing to the men of various heights. "This is George and Ringo. They came from the nowhere land." Paul said. His half lidded doe like eyes still focusing all attention on her. Who could blame him? She was absolutely stunning. "The nowhere land?" Ringo mumbled, his brow furrowing causing thoughts to almost visibly bounce behind blue eyes. He never even knew it had a name he just assumed it was just.... Blank. No sound, no activity, no past, no present, and no foreseeable future. Just the limitlessness of all absence. George, however only seemed to accept whatever was thrown his way. He had a way of stability in his personality. The intensity was impressive as he always seemed to stand tall, confident, and proud but never cocky. "Yeah. How'd you think you got here?" Paul intervened waving his hands in a rainbow and holding his hands out as through he was feeling for a raindrop. George looked around in confusion. What was here?
Why were they here?
All the philosophical questions were raised at the mention of a land they'd never explored or even knew existed until after gruesome deaths. It was like their minds have retreated into a state of a safe-haven until the panic was over. The determination of all questions that must be answered... Were now simply left to ponder, building about themselves as they got deeper and seemed to gain complexity. The sound of heavily rushing water beat on their ear drums as they all turned a corner past another rock that shaped itself like a wheel. Both the boys found the place to be so foreign. The urban city was all that they'd known. They laid eyes upon an impressive bungalow like house that seemed to rest itself in the trees. The candle lights flickering in the windows that were decorated with coiling rope. the deep brown wood held the architecture in a frame as the white clay was molded around it. The door was made of dried bamboo and more rope held them together with a piece of wood to support them. The roof shingles were crafted out of red oak bark. A waterfall was clashing down amongst the cliff in a mass rain of white water that misted. Hovering over unpolluted water that reflected the sky like a natural mirror.
Paul pulled down a rope that allowed a latter to slip downwards. Stiffening itself as it fell in a domino like affect. George and Ringo, to say the least were impressed with the craftsmanship of whom ever made the shelter. They steadily climbed up as they rested themselves in a chair. Ringo simply sat and admired the work. The inside was... Homey. The walls were tinged tan as the Candles continued to flicker inside a white glass jar. Twine decorated it to match the theme of the house. A fire roared like a lion in a makeshift fire place constructed of clay bricks and and brown mud cementing them together. The mantle was made of oak sticks as decretive deer antlers hung over the mantle. Little worn out trinkets adorned over it along with a mirror constructed out of dried black tar and little pieces of broken glass bottles with more twine wrapped around and acting as a frame. George rested his head on the windowsill and admired the beauty that was laid out almost expertly. The vision of almost exactly what they wanted to see but somehow never expected anything to turn out the way it did. The sky was kissing the day good by as might soon began to fall and smoke in like purple spell. Lightning bugs alight the sky, shuddering a hopeful yellow light through the soft summer air. "You boys hungry?" Paul asked. George's stomach growled audibly as though it were a dog posed with the threat of his bone being taken. A smell suddenly ravished their senses as Paul continued to cook. "H- hey, Paul? Can I ask you a question?" Ringo posed. "You already have." Paul retorted cheekily. "Haha, funny." Ringo snide sarcastically. "Who built this place?"
"Linda." He said simply but yet dreamily as though he was a teenage girl pinning after a boy she'd only met a minute ago. "Linda?" They both retorted. "Yes?" Came a female voice. She smiled warmly as her strong features turned into friendly rouse. George bit his lip in order to keep a laugh from escaping. Ringo eyed him invasively. The woman was Prolific in construction yet she seemed to glide and grace the room with her presence. Like an angle that alighted the earth with her other worldly presence. "What? Did you expect Paul to build all of this?" She said sarcastically. "Bu- but you're Pregnant!" George almost shouted. "Well clearly I did all of this before I was pregnant." She reasoned. George was taken aback by the quick witted remark. Before...?
"You mean to say that... You weren't pregnant before you died?" Ringo glared at George for being so half-witted. "Well... Yes." She smirked. "Dinner is ready!" Paul said in a sing-song voice. "Great! We're starved aren't we?" Linda said in a baby voice towards her distended belly. The outline of a foot appeared and then quickly went away like memory-foam. She seemed to begin to waddle towards the kitchen. Almost imitating a penguin. The table was ordinary, someone could suppose. It was a stump from a rather large tree that could seat the bare minimum of 6 people. The rings seemed to go on and stretch for miles and aged while the center was hollowed out. Upon the table was a bowl of garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with almonds, corn on the cob that held a butter pad as the fats dripped on to the others for a sweet and savoring flavor. Then finally... Bread rolls that looked to be golden brown, flaky, and cooked to perfection. the concoction of the combination in the smell made George's mouth water with the anticipated promise of food. "Well... Let's eat, yeah?"
Ringo shrugged as it sat on a smaller stump and grabbed a blue plate that matched his eyes. George hastily grabbed an orange plate and instantly filled it. Ringo, however was a bit more hesitant than most. "I notice there's no meat..." Ringo stated simply, as he grabbed a spoonful of mashed potatoes. Slapped them onto the platter as though he was an abstract artist in a room with an empty canvas. "Oh, do you want something like that? Because I can easily get you-"
"No, no! That's quite alright, I was just making an observation." Ringo smiled. Causing his face to turn into s cob web of dimly lit light a shadows. Paul's hospitality had gotten... redundant almost. He'd already done quite enough for them. "Oh.. Well, if you must know why we're vegetarian." Paul said playfully arbitrarily putting on his best posh voice... All while holding Linda's hand. Petting her presumably soft skin with his thumb. "Okay." Ringo said in easy understanding as he began to fill his mouth with the food Paul had so generously made for them.