What could go wrong during a family reunion?

After watching Cassandra resist charmspeak, Annabeth was quiet. Then she heard Cassandra talk again.

"Why don't we sit down and discuss this?" Her voice was melodic, soothing. Compelling.

Everyone dropped like flies.

"Oh crap, I didn't mean it like that. Stupid charmspeaking. I meant 'Can we talk about this'?"

Everyones mouths dropped.

"Y-y-you charmspeak?"

"Yeah. Aphrodite taught me a while back, like a while back."

"A while." Annabeth echoed.

"You don't look that-." She trailed off, carefully choosing her next words.

"Old?" Kassandra finished. Annabeth nodded. This girl was immortal.

"Don't worry, you won't offend me." Caasandra smiled.

"Where were we?"

Percy responded by pointing his sword at her. She smiled at him. That same easy smile she had seen on Percy's face.

"Oh, someone's bloodthirsty today."

"Was that sarcasm?" She looked serious but her voice was casual. Light.

Jason snorted. "Only Percy would think about sarcasm before killing someone."

"You were trying to kill me?" She pressed a hand to her chest in mock outrage.

"No, not kill you, just scare you."

"Oh well, I'm scared." That sword appeared again and she lunged, barely missing Percy's head by millimeters. Annabeth screamed.

She stopped.

"Oh my gods. I'm so sorry I scared you. I didn't mean to kill your boyfriend, but I can't resist a fight with a son of Poseidon."

"H-how did you know?"Annabeth stuttered.

"I've been around for a while. Plus I know things."

"Oh."

She was about to say something else when Percy picked up his sword behind her back and raised it, ready to bring it down on her arm. Annabeth moved forwards, but Cassandra moved so fast, no one had time to react.

All they saw was a blur of orange, brown, and silver. A second later Percy stood with a confused and slightly dazed expression on his face. Cassandra's sword was at his throat and he was sandwiched between Riptide and her.

She smiled and tossed him his sword. He went in for another strike. This time he feinted down to her stomach, but she was prepared. He pushed harder. She was better than anyone he had ever fought, even Luke and Quintus.

Suddenly Riptide left his hand and fell into the sea. He dove in to get it, but it was gone. Then he saw it, lying on the bottom of the ocean floor, one hundred feet below him. He swam down, but when he got there, his sword was gone. He said some colorful Ancient Greek curses and swam up to the surface so fast that a mortals ears would explode.

When he got too the deck, Cassandra stood there, twirling his sword like a conductor's baton, her fingers never touching the blade. She smirked.

"Give it back." She raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" He was starting to get irritated.

"Because."

"Because what?"

Percy couldn't help it. He felt a tugging sensation in his gut and smiled to himself.

"Who will be smiling now?" he thought.

A wave rose up behind Cassandra, but she didn't notice. She raised an eyebrow as if she knew his thoughts.

"You won't be smiling when you're in the ocean." thought Percy. And with that he brought the wave crashing down on her millions of gallons of freezing cold saltwater crashing down on her. She didn't even have time to react.

She screamed.

Percy quickly pulled the wave away from her and prepared to jump over the side. Until he heard a giggle. Cassandra stood in the middle of a pool of seaweed, fish, seawater and a rubber duck, completely dry holding two swords and an expression of pure glee on her face.

She looked exactly like Percy did his first year at camp. The only difference was their expressions.

"Cassandra?"

Her look of glee quickly melted into one of absolute fury. If looks could kill, she would have frozen the forges of Hephaestus. Everyone except Percy gasped.

"What?"

He turned around to see a sixty foot wave crash into him. When it receded, Percy was left soaking wet.

"Why am I wet?"

"Why aren't you dry?" Cassandra retorted.

"Will you please tell me what's going on?" She rolled her eyes.

"Fine, not only did you piss off a goddess but you also managed to get yourself knocked out by a sixty foot wave."

"Oh. You're a goddess?" She looked amused.

"Um, yeah."

"No offense or anything, but what are you the goddess of?" She looked thoughtful.

"I'm a bit like Hermes, a jack of all trades. I can do nearly anything the other gods can do, except Posiedon. But I have no power unique to me. The only unique thus about me is that I stole the ability to manipulate snow from Khione."

"You stole-"

"Hermes dared me to." He didn't want to ask.

"Oh."

"Wait you said 'except Poseidon'." Leave it to Annabeth to remember everything.

"I'll get to that later."

"So who are is your godly parent?"

"Gaia, goddess of the Earth."

Percy lunged without thinking. Cassandra simply stepped aside and for the second time in ten minutes, he found a sword pointed at his throat. He turned deathly white.

"Ah, ah ah, little brother."

His face turned a few shades paler, which is not easy if a.) your face is already bone white, and b.) it's kind of hard for your face to turn any whiter when your throat is up against a sword blade.

"Little brother?" He managed to choke out.