Chapter 5

(( people seemed to like the previous update but I'm sure I messed up stuff, if you notice anything like that tell me I won't be offended I promise. I'm just a smol bean who wants to get this right ;~; Also sorry for the long wait, I was out of town and had spotty service. Anyways here's chapter 5 enjoy~ ))

You led Yukine around the temple, you told him facts about each area you stopped at but he didn't seem to be paying attention. Instead he was staring at you intently, as if he was trying to remember something that seemed to be just out of his grasp. Brushing it off you continue spouting random facts, that is until Yukine grabs your hand turning you to face him then standing really close to you.

his face was inches from yours and you noticed his golden hair framing his face perfectly, his beautiful and intense eyes looking deeply into your own, his soft and somehow familiar lips moving slightly as if he was deciding on whether or not so say something, your heart beat a little bit faster.

Stop. You pushed these thoughts from your mind, controlling yourself. 

"Is there's something you need?" You ask, brushing the instance off as if it was nothing.

"No, you just look familiar that's all..." Yukine told you stepping away. "But I guess I was mistaking." You nod and continue your tour, with Yukine now paying attention with the slight exception of him spacing out every once in a while. 

Your tour was over pretty quickly and you made it back before anyone else, Itsumi and Hiyori were still out so you and Yukine had time to kill. The two of you sat on a bench in the plaza in front of Master Tenjin's temple, and you decided to ask about Yukine's life with Yato.

"If you don't mind, would will telling me about Yato?" You ask curiously, Yukine looks surprised and shrugs.

"It's not so bad I guess. Sure he's a dummy but he means well ya know?" Yukine says, folding his arms behind his head. "He feeds and clothes me, and he looks out for me." The boy continues, "I don't know, he cares about me. It feels like that hasn't happened in a while." Yukine turns to look at you. "I'm grateful to him you know. I was lost and alone, and now I'm not."

For some reason you felt sad, you couldn't figure out why though. The thought of the boy sitting in front of you being alone made you want to hold him close, why? Why were you feeling this way you didn't even know him.

"Plus I got to meet Hiyori, and it's funny to hang around them." Yukine finished, you nodded. 

"I understand, I'm grateful to Master Tenjin. But at the same time, I'm scared of him." That was something you'd never said to anyone, and here you were blurting it out to this stranger. "I'm afraid I'm gonna mess up and be cast out. He wants perfection and I don't think I can be perfect." You confided, not knowing why you were telling this to Yukine.

You shrugged, "I'd die for my master though, even though I'm scared of him I guess I owe him everything. He gave me a home and a family."

"I understand that." Yukine said, "even if you do mess up, who doesn't make a mistake every once in a while?" You looked at him and nodded.

"I guess you're right." You agreed.

"It's okay to mess up, just don't go around using that as an excuse." Yukine told you, that made you giggle, he blushed. "What's funny about that?"

"I don't know." You confessed, still laughing. Yukine joined in the two of you laughing together for a few sweet moments before Hiyori and Itsumi walked up to the two of you.

"What's so funny?" Hiyori asked, smiling at the two of you.

"We don't know." The two of you said in unison, before looking at each other then laughing again.