Chapter One: The Encounter

Chapter One

The window of the room shattered, making a scream escape my lips. I looked at it to see a shadowed figure, a very tall figure. Approximately 6’5?  Realizing that I was shirtless, I quickly picked up my shirt and wore it, covering my exposed skin.  

"Arianna Callista?" a deep but smooth voice spoke. My eyes widened as he stepped out of the darkness. He was very tall, with a bit of a skinny build. Nevertheless, he had broad shoulders and an elegant neck, upon which rested his handsome face. He had longish- blond hair which was rather messy. In the light of the room, his eyes sparkled a light blue color. Never in my life had I ever seen a boy with such light beautiful eyes.. until now. 

I realized that I had been staring at him for a long time while he had been trying desperately to get my attention. 

"Yeah," I coughed, clearing the lump in my throat. "I am Arianna Callista." 

Relief flooded his features, but disappeared as fast as it had appeared. It was replaced by fear. Faster than humanly possible he was in front of me. I looked up at him, shocked.  I opened my mouth to speak.

"Ssshhhh…" he whispered, and put his hands on my hips, slowly drawing me to him. Normally, I would've been angry by this action, but right now I was stunned. 

That was when I saw him. He stepped in through the window, ever so gracefully. His black hair was windswept like the blond boy holding me, but his was shorter, spikier. He carried an aura of power and desire, which, oddly, was pulling me towards him. A small whimper escaped my lips. He looked up, his eyed meeting mine – I was shocked to see that his eyes were a deep emerald color. He looked away from me and around the room, as if trying to see where the sound came from.

Suddenly another figure entered the room. She was short, compared to the other two, tall males standing in the room. She had black hair, just like the boy, but her eyes were golden, a scary shade of golden. 

"She's not here." she spoke, her voice reminding me of bells. The boy growled. 

"I can see that, Aurelia." He snarled, in a surprisingly smooth, velvety voice. I saw his eyes change from the dark emerald shade to the same shade of gold as the girl’s. I gasped. He seemed to have heard me, because he walked towards where I was standing.  He stopped inches away, and sniffed. He groaned exasperatedly.

"Seraphs were here." he spat out the name like it was poisonous. He sniffed again and smiled, a menacing smile, "Only one."

He laughed darkly, and then stared back at me once again. 

"Asmodeus, we must go! She's obviously not here, we'll send out troops. We don't have much time, let's go!" the girl, Aurelia, pleaded. 

Asmodeus pursed his lips once more, and then turned, jumping out the window. He had disappeared into the night, and so did Aurelia. 

I was too stunned to move. Three people had just barged into my apartment, and left. One of them was still holding me to him like he's known me since I was a child, while the other two looked like they wanted to kill me.

"Arianna?" his smooth voice snapped me out of my daze. I looked up to see him warily looking down at me.

Such beautiful eyes…

"Thanks," he grinned at me. My eyes widened as I realized that he heard me. I stepped away from him.

He was wearing a white t-shirt, with a golden design on it (which looked like wings). Over that shirt, he had a plain white dress shirt with the buttons undone, paired with light blue jeans hung loosely on his hips.

He was beautiful. Too beautiful. Inhumanly beautiful.

"What are you?" I asked, my voice hesitant. He looked a bit shocked, but he composed himself.

"A seraph," he said, watching my face. I guess my confused expression told him I didn't know what that was. "An angel."

I would've burst out laughing any other day, but right now, I believed him. Not because he had broken a window, and appeared in my apartment, but because of his appearance.

"What's your name?" I asked, my voice no longer quivering. I narrowed my eyes at him, as he sighed.

"Arondousius," he said shaking the hair out of his eyes, "Aaron for short." he smiled.

"Right, who was that?" I pointed to the window.

"Asmodeus, and his sister, Aurelia."

"They aren't angels…" I said, remembering their dark clothes and powerful auras. Aaron shook his head.

"No, they aren't. They're vampires." my hand unconsciously went to my mouth, stifling a gasp. Vampires existed…

"Yes, they exist. The two you saw were the prince and princess of darkness." he studied my face.

"Why are you here— why were they here?" I asked, fear creeping into my voice.

"Because of that tattoo on your back." was his simple reply.

"Wha-what?" I asked again. He sighed.

"You may want to sit down, it's a long story." he said taking a seat on my bedroom floor. I did the same.

"Okay, so you may have noticed some changes…" my mind went back to a few days ago, and I nodded.

"Hmm…how do I explain this..." he murmured to himself, confused. Running a hand through his hair, he looked at me. "Would you like me to start at the beginning or explain the tattoo part first?"

"The beginning."