Chapter 1: Flower, Gleam and Glow

Adrien's birthday was coming up soon and he was very excited. Father went out to go buy some food and he would be back soon. He didn't know what the town looked like or what it really was. All he could see was rocks and trees.

He decided to do things. He wool up at seven A.M. He started his chores making sure to sweep everywhere. Then he polished his fathers shoes and mopped the floors. After all of that it was about seven fifteen. So he would read a book or two and make some masks.

After lunch he would do some pottery and baking. He loved cookies. He would make some sweet smelling candles and feed Plagg some cheese. Then he would stretch and climb around the tower. He would make a sketch of a mask and then sew one up. Make some puzzles or do some ballet and chess.

He will read another book if there is time left and brush his hair and make another mask. I'm sure there is some fabric somewhere. And then he would fell trapped up there thinking now when his life would start. Yet he would still dream to see the lights out there where they glow on his birthday each year. He is older now so maybe his father will let him see them.

He began to play hide and seek cheese addition with Plagg. Of course he always one. Father didn't know about his kwami, but thankfully he was tiny enough to hide away from him. Plagg was his only friend.

"Adrien let down your staff!" Adrien heard from the bottom of the tower. Thankfully he had it so he could easily pull his father up, otherwise he wouldn't be able to get up the tower.

"Hello, child." Hawkmoth said as he came up.

"Hello, father." He said nervously. He really wanted to ask his father about the lights, but he was nervous. He helped him with the basket of foods and began to ask.

"Father I had a-" Adrien asked as Hawkmoth looked in the mirror.

"How about I brush your hair?" He said touching his wrinkles and interrupting Adrien.

"Well first I wanted to ask-" He began to try and speak again.

"Come on. Be nice to your father." Hawkmoth said with a slight pouty face on him.

"Okay." Adrien sighed grabbing a chair and a brush. He quickly sang the song as his hair glowed for a couple seconds, not being enough to heal him completely.

"Adrien! This is how we bond you can't zoom through it." He yelled angrily looking at his still older face.

"I'm sorry father, but I was really hoping to see the floating lights." He said with a smile.

"Floating lights? Son are you sick?" He felt Adrien's head chuckling. He brought Adrien to the mirror.

"Look in the mirror." He said holding his shoulder. Adrien looked smiling. "You see, son, I see a handsome young man with many talents and perfections. Oh and there is you." He chuckled.

Adrien looked with a sad face.

"Oh I'm just kidding." He chuckled with a wave of his hand. "The world is a very dangerous place. I do not want you to go there. I would be frightened." He said fakely.

"But I'll be with you." He explained confused.

"Your just a flower bud. I can't pull you out before you sprout." He explained.

"I know but-" he began to say.

"Your here to keep you safe. I knew that you would want to leave soon, but not this soon. You stay here cat." He began to say.

"But-" Adrien said.

"Father knows best. Listen to your father. It's a scary place out there. I know something will go wrong out there. Maybe the plague, bugs, vicious animals!" He says with a concerned look.

No!" Adrien said trying to speak.

"Go ahead and leave. I deserve it keeping you in this tower for your safety. Just go. I only raised you and changed your diapers and taught you how to walk. When you go you will see just wait." He says looking at him. "I'll die alone here that's fine, but father knows best."

Adrien sighed.

"Plus your getting kinda chubby." He pulled his cheek. "I'm just saying it because I love you and I don't want you to forget. Adrien?" He looked at him with a smile.

"Yes?" He asked smiling thinking he would say yes.

"Don't ever ask me to leave here again." He said his smile turning into an angry frown.

"Yes father." He said sadly looking at the floor.

"Ugh you stress me out. I keep you here because I love you." He said holding his shoulders.

"I love you more." He smiled slightly.

"I love you most." He kissed the top of his head.