Red

Howdy, Bitzee is alive! I am seriously the laziest trash in the entire world. ><

I've got a Soroku fic for my fellow Kingdom Hearts fans! I've almost finished the last chapter, so I thought I'd share it with the Wattpad community while I work on it :) What's this one about?

Prepare for my first soulmate AU, because this AU is my life and I love it. I would like to say, however, that the first three chapters (there are four) are not Soroku. So feel free to read this story however you want; you may want to skip a few chapters and read the last when it comes or you could stick around for the other pairings. It'll be nice if you read it all! It will make sense in the end!

I do not own Kingdom Hearts. That said, here's Red!

******************************************************

In a world full of strangers, you'd think it's a miracle people go through life as they are and meet with several people they come to know and love. Is it really just chance, or does fate have a say in who comes and who goes; who loves and who hates? Besides having friends and family, there's always that one special person everyone's been dying to meet, to know everything about, to make special promises with and spend the rest of their lives with, but who and what and when and where and how will it even take place?

Destiny Islands, present time. For concrete reasons, the inhabitants all believe in their suburb's namesake when it comes to meeting new faces. It's only fitting after all, if you're born with a mark that will eventually lead you to the one you're destined to be with. According to everyone else, they're said to be the first thing your soulmate's supposed to say to you.

Several words, or just one: letters biologically tattooed around one's ankle, wrist, stomach or shoulder. A simple "hi", an insult, a poem – it could be anything depending on fate. Varying from person to person, the ideal's still complicated, for how could you fully rely on a birthmark to dictate your life? So while it's convenient in the eyes of the beholder, there are still a few chances you could get it wrong...

******************************************************

Red

The first time it happens, Sora is in elementary.

The hyperactive seven year old is on his way to his classroom when he spots a new girl with red hair heading the same direction he was. He passes her and pays her little mind as he swerves into the room and stumbles over his chair just before the bell. After moments of chatting up his friends who sit at the same group and waiting for their teacher, the woman walks in with the same girl and introduces her to the class as Kairi Hamasaki.

Kairi was a beautiful young individual who was not only intelligent, but was also very sociable with her new classmates. What everyone seemed to really like about her was the unique deep colour of her shoulder length hair, and it isn't until a week or so later that Sora finally notices this as well. The young second graders are in the middle of finishing a spelling test when their teacher asks them to move around the classroom and find a partner to check their work.

Sora Leonhart had always been clumsy. Whether it was handling a jug of water or a bag of chips, he was constantly dropping things and tripping over his feet. So it's nothing new when the seven year old brunette excitedly takes off with his beloved multi-coloured pen and workbook and eventually loses his balance on his way to find a partner. The new girl happens to be nearby, and she doesn't hesitate to pick up the boy's stuff and help him up.