New in Town

It's an overcast day in the small town of Lakewood, Population 2,500, 150 miles from the City. A peaceful town where people are happy and friendly, but some know the truth behind this so called peaceful town, Lakewood. Something mysterious about what goes on in the woods, most people say it's just myths, but person who lived there their whole life knows the truth about it.

Elizabeth Rancher a single mom, leaving the big city behind to start a new life with her 12 years old daughter name Emma and her dog named Oscar. They moved to the town couple weeks back, so they got a little introduction about the town and some people that lived there.

Elizabeth went to town centre to meet Miss Walker, an elder and president of the town council. Elizabeth...what a lovely daughter you have here, what's her name?

Her name is Emma, Elizabeth replied while looking at her daughter with a smile.

What a lovely name.... Oh, before you go please see to it that she doesn't go running off into the woods. Fear and concerned grew over Miss Walker's face, Elizabeth wanted to ask a question but then decided not to.

"Good afternoon ladies.... A masculine voice said.

Turning around, my eyes caught a pair of Grey eyes, wearing what looks like a police uniform, could he be...before I could finish my thoughts, his voice interrupted.

"Good Afternoon" he said again, but this time with his hand held forward.

Good afternoon, I replied while hesitating in shaking his hand.

Good afternoon Sheriff, Miss Walker said with a pleasant smile.... Meet Elizabeth Rancher and her daughter Emma, they moved into town a couple weeks back. Elizabeth and Emma this is Mr. Kyle Wellington, he's the sheriff for Lakewood.

Welcome to Lakewood! If you have any problems, am just a call away, he said with an open smile.

Wow...how can a sheriff be this young?

Well, it was nice meeting you... Thanks again Miss Walker I will be leaving, Elizabeth said while taking her daughter hand.

Suddenly the sheriff voice called from behind... Would you like me to drop you home? Said Office Wellington with what seems like a pleasant smile.

"No, it's okay.... I'm fine getting there on my own, it's only a few blocks away...but thanks for the offer, said Elizabeth.

Walking to up to my car, I turned to get a last look at him.... He must be single, seeing that he has no ring on his finger. No...Wait, maybe he has a girlfriend, I thought to myself.

Emma for the last time you cannot sit with Oscar in the front seat.

Driving back and forth in this town seems pretty easy, no line of traffic or constant stop lights.

Walking up to the porch I saw a gift basket with homemade cookies and candies. A little note was attached to the top, "Welcome to Lakewood, hope my little treat made you feel at home -Mrs. Winter".

Emma and Oscar went running through the door straight into the living room and hitting the vase off the table, Smash!

Oh no!.... Mom's favourite vase! Am in big trouble...Emma said knowing her mom will be angry.

Oscar starts barking, ruff, ruff, ruff, and then whining.

Elizabeth walks in only to see her favourite vase smashed into small pieces. What happened here?....How did it broke? She said in a very serious tone.

I'm sorry mom; I didn't mean to break it.... I was just running and it fell off the table.

It's okay honey!.... Please play with Oscar outside and not inside okay?!

Okay mom.... Can I go outside and play with him now, please?

Sure honey! Just please be careful and don't leave the yard okay!

Okay, mom.

A/N: This story is still on-going but I would like to hear your feedback on the published chapters...You can also help this story by; reading, voting, sharing, commenting and adding it to your reading list. Thank You!