Emma

I took Oscar and headed for the backyard to play his favourite game, let's play Frisbee toss okay Oscar. I toss the Frisbee and he rushes for it and bring it back to me, good boy!

I went to the backyard to check on Emma, to see if everything was okay. Everything looks fine to me... I mumble to myself. Emma if you need anything I'll be upstairs okay honey.

Okay mom....

A few minutes later I began to hear strange sound coming from the woods. Oscar started barking at the trees in the distance as if he saw something. He continued barking.... I look all around and saw nothing,

It's okay boy, maybe it's just a raccoon or something I said in an anxious tone. Oscar continued barking, suddenly he ran off into woods.

I began running after him.... shouting Oscar, where are you going?! Come back! I continued running after him into the wood forgetting that my mom told me not to leave the yard.

But I could still hear Oscars barking from a distance, he can't be that far away.... I don't want to lose him. I got so caught up in looking for Oscar; I didn't even realise I was going too far away from home. It's too late to turn back now.... I need to find Oscar before mom realise am not in the yard. I will be in deep trouble if she finds out.

So caught up in my own thought didn't notices the fallen tree stump in the way. I fell over it and hit my head on a rock. Ouch! That hurts!... oh no! I cut my forehead. What am I going to tell mom when she asked about the bruised on my forehead?

I got up and brush off my clothes... Shouting, Oscar where are you boy? There was no sign of Oscar anywhere, I continued to walk and shout his name.... Oscar, Oscar, whistling... Here boy! I waited for a while hoping to see him come running to me.

Still no sign of him anywhere, where could he run off to? I thought to myself, suddenly I heard footsteps; I turn around and saw nothing....That's weird! Hello? Is anyone out there? Hellooo?

I became cold, lonely and scared. Clueless about how far away I'm from home with no phone to call my mom. There were no sign or sound from Oscar anywhere, I continued to walk in search for Oscar despite not hearing him bark. Oscar!.... where are you!?

Approaching a tree far above me, the branches twisted like distorted limbs reaching out towards me. The monstrous mass towered over me, creating a shadow pool at my feet. I began to smell an awful scent, smell of something dead! I thought to myself. I covered both my mouth and nose with my blouse, walking towards the tree. Suddenly I heard a high buzzing sound coming from the side of the tree, I looked up.

Screaming! ... I began panic and run as far as I could, from the sight of my dog skinned alive.

Trying to find my way back home was hard, I came across three trails path. How can this be? This was not here before! I mumble to myself. I was so scared and confused but I remembered a nursery rhythm I used to say when I was uncertain and can't decide on something. "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers, let him go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe".

The woods look darker than before, I choose a path and went in that direction trying to find home. While I was walking, I began to hear sounds of heavy footsteps. I stop and turn slowly to see what was coming; there was no sign of anyone or anything.

I felt tired and needed to rest a little, so I took shelter beside an old gnarly root tree before continuing my journey home. After resting down a little, run! run! ruunnn! I heard a voice screamed.

I didn't think twice to ask why; I just start running, which lead me into a different direction from the one that I was on. Running and looking behind to see what is chasing me but I didn't see anything. Buff.... goes my head into tree branch, knocking me to the ground.

I started to feel a sharp pain in my head, blood running down my face. I was unable to move, I tried to open my eyes but my sight was blurry, I saw something strange standing over me... But I couldn't figure out what it was, then suddenly everything became dark.