paano? (Morocco day 4)

Rj opened his eyes and saw that the space beside him was empty. Just a few hours ago, he and Maine slept in a cuddle like they normally do. However, now, he found her sitting up; was she crying? He could hear faint sobs and her shoulders seem to be shaking. He sat up.

"What's wrong, Love?" he said as he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her temple.

"......" she just shook her head and buried her face even more in her hands.

"Shh....tahan na...."

"......" she continued to sob. She hugged him and buried her face into his chest.

He embraced her and rubbed her back. In a few minutes, she calmed down.

"....care to tell me what's wrong?"

"....I dreamt that you left....you....left me...." she said quietly; she pressed her face against his chest trying to stop herself from crying again.

"Shh....No....I haven't left....and I won't leave you....." he assured her, his mouth not leaving the side of her head.

They hugged tighter.

"....don't leave me...."

"I promise...I won't....shhh.....tama na....."

"......"

"Love....I guess this is the right time....."

"Huh?" She loosened her hug and looked up at him.

"....I have something for you....."

"What is it?"

"....I know this is what you've wanted for a long time....." he turned and took something out from his backpack which he kept in the space underneath the bedside table on his side of the bed.

"this is for you....." he handed her an envelope

"......"

"Go ahead....open it"

"......." she opened the envelope and pulled out tickets to a Coldplay concert in the US.  She was speechless. She hugged him once again and cried.

"Thank you! Thank you, Babe! I love you!"

"I love you, too....so....so much!"

"Pero paano...kelan....?"

"I asked Tita Jo to get them before she flew in for Lolo and Lola's anniversary....."

"Grabe! I can't believe it! My ultimate dream concert!"

"Yes! And you're finally getting to watch it....in the US pa!"

"Thank you! Thank you!.....pero....."

"Pero ano?"

"Pero di ka kasama" her excitement diminished.

"Yun nga lang....pero malay mo...."

"Ikaw ha, Ricardo....ano na naman yang binabalak mo?"

"I'm still negotiating na ma-move yung mga commitments ko back home during the concert....para magkasama tayo.....I'd want to experience this concert with you also...."

"...are you sure?"

"Oo naman....anything for you, Love...."

"Ay grabe sya!.....wait.....diba today din ang alis mo pabalik ng Manila?"

"Yes.....today.....di tayo sabay uuwi....."

"......"

".....We weren't the ones who arranged for this trip.....work mode tayo dito....."

"True.....I hope you have a safe trip back home, Babe.....and promise me, don't read any hanash....alam mo naman, they're everywhere...."

"....haaaay! di na mawawala yan.....yaan mo na....what's important is us.....what we have.....what we believe in......"

They lay back down on the bed. Maine puts the envelope of tickets on her bedside table next to her phone. She takes a look at the time – it's just past 3am.

"....I don't think I can sleep again...." she says with a sigh as they cuddle and spoon.

"......." he kisses her neck and her head.

"Super thank you talaga for the tickets.....and for the time spent here in Morocco.....sayang nga lang di tayo nakapag-libot kahit sandali...."

"We did naman....even for just a few minutes.....babalik tayo dito......para makaikot tayo....."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"I love you, my Shoks...."

"I love you, my Menggay...."