You may think I'm black, but I'm green.

The Mayville's were having an open house to mourn the death of their daughter.

I'm pretty sure they were just doing it for the gifts.

I was there, though. And I was hoping to find out more about the life of Melissa Mayville. I looked in her room. There was pictures everywhere.

Looking at the walls I wonder how no one saw she was depressed. Her drawings held no colors, but instead gave off a haunted feel. By the door there was what looked like to be a young girl crying. I looked so detailed they if I didn't know any better, I'd think it was taken by a camera.

Moving closer to the side of the bed, I see something sticking out.

Pulling it from between the mattress and box spring, I see it's a black, leather journal. On the edge it reads, 'You may think I'm black, but I'm green.'

I open it and flip to a random page.

It was from two months ago.

2:25 am, Sep. 12, 2016
Worthless. That's what they called me. My parents, I mean. Just because I wanted to become a teacher instead of an attorney like they are. I'm starting to believe them. I mean, I never thought I was perfect, like everyone said I did, but I thought I might have been able to make a difference in someone's life for the better. These thoughts are deadly. I'm too young to die.

With the last of hope,
M.