The Burning Mask Ch.2

***Sorry about the wait, I had a lot of work to do this weekend***

Ch.2

“I'm fine, really,” I told my mum, pushing her away from me slightly as I slipped on my shoes. I had thrown on strapless cream dress, that had military button details on the bodice. I had on dark brown, lace up combat style boots and slipped on a gold, hinge cuffed bracelet.

“Are you sure. Maybe you should just stay in today,” she said. I knew she was just worried considering there had been two other people that had shown up dead as well in the past few days. I had a feeling she knew something about what was going on, but neither her nor my dad would say anything to me. Ever since I'd seen Gina's body, my parents had become crazy protective of me, but I completely understood why. I hadn't told them how I was really feeling since the death of one of my closest friends, I just couldn't tell them that I was losing myself each day. Besides, if I told them that, I wouldn't be able to sneak off to meet up with the guy none of them knew about.

“I'm perfectly fine, mum, really,” I told her. “I'm just going out to get some fresh air, I'll be fine.”

“Okay, just remember to contact me if anything happens,” she said before leaving the room.

I started heading downstairs after I brushed out my wavy black hair. As I passed my parent's bedroom I couldn't help but listen in to what they were talking about.

“You can tell there's something going on, George, she just won't let me in to help.”

“You didn't want me to help you either, remember. She's a strong girl, Abs, we just have to be there to support her.”

“I know, I know. I'm just so worried that what's going on is going to trigger everything,” my mum whispered. I listened closer, trying to figure out what they were talking about. “They're coming back George and I know that they're going to come after us at some point. They've already killed my mum, cursed our family and tried to kill me, they're going to go after our family now too.”

“No matter what happens, we can fight against them. We can do this, love, I know we can. We aren't going to let them near our family and we aren't going to just sit back and watch. Besides, McGonagall is getting the Order of the Phoenix back together, we'll be fine.”

I started walking away from their room quietly, going downstairs so they wouldn't realize I had been listening in. Although I didn't completely understand what they were talking about, I did understand part of it.

My grandmother had been killed by a group of people that had pretended to be her friends. They went after her because she was able to see into the future, a gift that was passed onto very few people. When they realized that she had sneaked away with Tom Riddle, the man people thought was going to lead them into a dark arts age, they decided that she was standing in the way as well as thought her to be too powerful and killed her when my grandfather gave up the dark arts

My grandfather had been involved in dark magic before this and by seeing the woman he loved more than anything killed, he snapped and the curse was created, forcing him to become Voldemort. Fate and the dark arts have ruled over our family ever since, all because of the group of people that killed my grandmother. Later on they decided that they needed to get rid of my mum for revenge after my grandfather had killed many of their group. My mum fought back and the curse seemed to have gotten a hold of her as well, that was until my dad managed to bring her back from the dark spot she had been in.