Chapter 1

((I'm going to shoot myself when the cover doesn't upload))

Camp Pining Hearts. A place where relationships sprout like the sapling of a wondrous tree and grow steadily, stopping only at death.
The barn near The Temple Of The Crystal Gems. Where Lapis Lazuli and Peridot spend most of their time. You'd think they'd be joined at the hip, what with Peridot's never-ending quest to please Lazuli after some past altercations between them. There was another gem Peridot had in mind though. A ruffian, overfermented(Overbaked shh) Quartz soldier with a fiery desire to be the best she can. Amethyst.

Lapis Lazuli had been a bit stand-offish since Peridot began attempting to appease her non-stop. Sure, Peridot had all the fix-ins, but Lapis wasn't looking for any of that. She just wanted to make everyone happy. Several failed attempt to do so came and went. Lazuli began leaving the barn for very long periods of time to fly around other places and travel to get her mind off of things. One beautiful day, she met Black Opal, or 'Sierra.' The gem was like no other in Lazuli's eyes, as was the same for her new companion. A certain kind of bond formed. One that is able to cut down an ancient redwood in a clean slice. True love.

Lapis continued seeing Black Opal, eventually bringing her back to meet the Crystal Gems. After their elongated visit, the two decided to remain in The Temple, now residing with the Crystal Gems rather than returning to explore the world together. They had found each other, and that was all that mattered.(Plot hoooooole >~< Suggestions on how Black Opal meets Peridot would be highly appreciated! Please leave a comment.)

Amethyst wasn't exactly fond of the new addition.(Note; She had to share her room with Sierra. She does not dislike Black Opal in any way, shape, or form. She just likes her space. And Peri is teeny-weeny >w<.) She began moving her stuff to the barn and leaving it there, establishing a spot for herself and herself only. Peridot really didn't seem to mind, even happy at times to have Amethyst in the barn when she came to visit. The Quartz began staying with the former Homeworld Gem, slowly moving out of The Temple to rid herself of the fusion and get more acquinted with Peridot. The two were often squabbling over small things, but they had their good moments.

Peridot had gotten Amethyst into CPH. A move that would change their current acquaintance relationship.

"Gahhh! Amethyst! You got crumbs everywhere!" Peridot exclaimed from her side of the couch in the barn loft. She flung her light lime green arms down, distracting Amethyst from her bag of chips.
"Mhuh?" Amethyst looked over to Peridot from the opposite side of the couch, then to a gathering spread of chip bits an inch or so from her outer thigh. She swallowed the chips she had had in her mouth and lowered her shoulders in a slightly defeated apologetic hunch. "Sorry Peri, here, look." She proceeded to stand and flip the couch cushion over, shifting it a bit before setting it back correctly. It was clean. Peridot sighed and laughed softly, knowing Amethyst's cleaning methods all too well.
"Let's just go back to watching Camp Pining Hearts." Peridot directed her attention to the TV, patting a seat beside her for Amethyst. She obliged, her right arm hanging off the couch while her other arm snaked behind Peridot, who was enveloped in the show. Peri didn't flinch as Amethyst's arm gently wrapped around her shoulders.

Inside Peridot's mind, the barn was spinning. She heard a light thudding in her ears that progressively increased in tempo. Her hands, which were glued a few centimeters from her backside on the couch, felt jittery and a bit clammy. This was what happened when Peridot saw Amethyst. She would hide how flustered she was rather well, and to her knowledge, Amethyst didn't suspect a thing.

Amethyst didn't know.

She liked her barnmate the same way.
-----------------------------------------------------
((WHEEZE))
((WILL UPDATE SOON))
((AHH))
(Sorry for the edit XP, my wife and I weren't happy with how said edited paragraph sounded and the fact that I added the extended fusion detail. All clear now ;D! Writing more of Chapter 3 todayyyy.)