Chapter 2

"What was I thinking when I agreed! I have nothing to wear that isn't neon!" Haywire shouted in distress as she looked through her various clothing items. "Plus I have no idea when Timber is supposed to come pick me up. Oh this just keeps causing my blood pressure to rise in steady increments," Haywire sighed before she flopped onto her neatly made bed. One of the things that Haywire absolutely cannot stand is a messy room. Messy lab, sure why not, but a messy room is just a nightmare. "Oh what am I going to do?" Haywire sighed as she rubbed her eyes in exhaustion.

"You could always ask to borrow something to wear," a cheeky voice sounded from Haywire's bedroom door, shocking the poor weapons tech.

"Scarlett! What are you doing here?" Haywire asked in shocked confusion as she leaped off her bed. Scarlett gave a couple laughs before walking over to the distressed Haywire.

"I'm here to help you get ready for your date with Snake. I had a feeling that you didn't have clothes that are neon free," Scarlett said as she grabbed Haywire's hand and lead her out into the hallway and down to her room.

"Wait, how do you know about that?" Haywire asked as she obediently followed Scarlett down the hallway.

"Oh, Highlander managed to trick Snake Eyes in into telling us what he was talking to you about earlier," Scarlett said as she waved her unoccupied hand in a "no biggie" gesture. Haywire simply nodded her head with a muted oh. "And I also thought this would be a good time for us to spend some girl time together," Scarlett said with a nervous laugh.

"Oh that's a great idea Scarlett. And you're right about me not having neon free clothes," Haywire said as she rubbed the bridge of her nose nervously. "I guess I should remedy that the next time I get some leave time," Haywire said as she and Scarlett walked into Scarlett's room.

"Yeah maybe you should," Scarlett giggled as she went to her closet to look for something Haywire could wear. "Do you have any color preferences?" Scarlett asked over her shoulder to Haywire, who was looking at some of the book titles on the bookshelf.

"Oh, not really no; I don't have any colors I hate, just some I would prefer not wearing," Haywire said as she gave a small giggle. Scarlett giggled in return and turned back to her closet full of clothes.

"Hmm, I think you should go with a dressy type of casual; maybe a nice skirt with a simple top?" Scarlett suggested as she looked at a couple of her skirts.

"That works for me," Haywire said as she leaned around Scarlett to look at some of the clothes. The girls took a few more minutes of looking before settling on a cute, three tiered floral print skirt in shades of blue and a tan, three-quarters sleeve Henley shirt. Her shoes were simple brown heeled sandals.

"Now what should we do with your hair?" Scarlett asked herself aloud as she and Haywire sat in her bathroom. Various types of makeup and hair accessories sat ominously on the bathroom counter. "Is the orange permanent or is it a gel of sorts?" Scarlett asked as she fingered a section of orange highlight between her fingers.
"Um...it's sort of like a hair ink. I just put a section of hair the applier and pull it through and viola, there's an orange streak. It washes out every night," Haywire said as she stared nervously at Scarlett's reflection.

"Well then we better stick your head under the faucet and wash this out," Scarlett said with a slow smile that terrified poor Haywire.

"Is that really necessary? I mean...Snake Eyes doesn't seem to mind them," Haywire stuttered. Scarlett smiled gently in response.

"Snake doesn't mind them, but I think he would be surprised to see your hair in an orange free state," Scarlett explained, "but if you want to leave them, then ok," she smiled reassuringly. Haywire sat there for a couple minutes before turning to look at Scarlett.