The Rooster's Calling

Disclaimer, which is set for the entire story: I do not own any of the Ouran or Fruits Basket Characters. They belong to their respective mangakas. I do own the story line though.

Additional Note: I began writing this one a few months ago by hand. It is a Wattpad exclusive so far.

Character notes: In my story, I will be saying Hatsu for Hatsuharu, instead of the general Haru. (After all, it will get too confusing to know which Haru people are going to talk to, so this is easier.)

Also, story related, this story is told from Haruhi Fujioka/Sohma's POV.

Chapter One - Meetings

-In dream mode-

"Haruhi, from this day forth, you will be living with Ranka! He will be considered your father!" A hazy voice said. This voice I knew all too well as being Hatori's.

"But, I don't want to live with him!" I cried out.

"You must though! I will promise you one thing though." Hatori said.

"But, I am scared. But, promise me that you will come back for me?" I asked sheepishly.

"That is something that I can promise. If I am not there, then I will make sure Akito gets you himself. But, give us three years Haruhi. No more, no less. And," Hatori said before he was cut off.

"And, don't tell anyone that I am a Sohma until either you or Akito get me, right? Look for my attendance at Ouran High School, 'kay? I won't be going to a public school if I can help it." Haruhi said.

"When Akito or I get you, we'll discuss living arrangements then." Hatori said, before leaving me with my belongings in front of the commoner's apartment complex.

-Reality-

A loud buzzing noise could be heard in the Fujioka household. The noise maker just happened to be my alarm clock. Groggily, I turned the stupid thing off. It was 6:45 AM.

After hopping in the shower, I began to think. I had been having that scene play out in my mind once every two months. They had been occurring for the last six months. Some months, it doubled. Overall, that had been the fifth time this year. Having it that many times, over and over again, ought to have some meaning right?

Thinking more after I had got out of the shower and padded my way to my room, I stole a glance at my calendar. Today was circled in red. I knew that today was the day I would probably be forced to leave Ouran, but at least I would get to be with Hatori-san and Nii-san again. So, after I made my breakfast and lunch, I quickly grabbed out the luggage bags so that I would be able to pack quicker later.

~Time skip to post club hours~

I decided that I would take my time in cleaning up the club room for a change. My current location was inside of the kitchen. There was a door there, but I had left it open today. I was washing up a piile of tea cups when I had heard a slight commotion coming in the next room.

"Ne, are you sure Haruhi's even at this school?" A somewhat husky voice asked. I had my suspicions at this time, so I started to quickly dry my hands. It would appear as if I was going to have to let the rest of the dishes soak.

"Of course she is. She told me herself to look here." Another answered the first. This was a voice that I recognized immediately, considering that it has been in the dreams I have been having an awful lot this past year.

"I am terribly sorry, gentlemen, but the club is currently closed." Tamaki-senpai spoke.

By this time, I had actually walked into the room. My suspicions had been correct. Out in the room stood Akito-niisan and Hatori-san. A grin had quickly appeared, and disappeared just as quickly from my face.

"Hatori-san! Akito-niisan! I have missed you both!" I had ended up tackling Hatori-san in a hug, but then I moved just as quickly to embrace my brother as well. I really had missed them.

"Haruhi, why don't-" one Hitachiin twin started.

"-you ever hug-" the other continued.

"-us like that?" They finally finished together.

"None of your business. Three years on the dot, Hatori-san. I am so glad that I can go home, where I belong! And, Akito-niisan, you sure have changed!" I was excited to see these two Sohma's. But, as for the rest of the club, I knew that I couldn't tell them that I was the cursed with the rooster zodiac just yet. Well, I probably could, but I would wait to gain Akito-niisan's permission first.

But there was something else that was finally surfacing. I gave Hatori-san a "Can I tell them that I am a Sohma now?" look. Akito-niisan had also caught the look. So, when Hatori-san turned to look at nii-san, Akito nodded slightly which confirmed it.

"Everyone, I have something important to say." I began to speak, and confidently. Everyone had stopped what they were doing and had started to crowd around me slightly. I took this as a good sign to continue.

"My last name is not really Fujioka, but rather the true last name is Sohma. On top of that, I would like to introduce our guests that have just entered. To the right of me is my older brother figure, Akito, while to my left is my cousin and the family doctor, Hatori-san." I finished up.

Kyoya-senpai was about to say something possibly along the lines that the Sohma's were a wealthy family, but another voice that was familiar to me decided to pierce the air. The male in question just finished walking in the door.

"Hatori! How dare you push-" The voice stopped. The black and white haired boy only looked around the room and his eyes finally landed on me. His eyes grew wide for a moment before he started to stutter. "H-H-Haru-chan? Is that really you?" After I gave him a nod, he started to really laugh.

"Hatsuharu! What is your god damn problem?" My voice raised slightly.

"Sorry, Haru-chan. I never thought that I'd see you in men's clothing. You always claimed they looked funny, no matter how many times I offered for you to try them on." Hatsuharu continued laughing. My brother and cousin looked at me confused. I would tell them on the way home. But first, I needed to stop the black and white laughing idiot. So, slowly, I walked up to him and gave his head a sharp smack.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He asked as he rubbed the spot.

"Your laughing. You had a good one, now it is time to stop. Your choice if you want to turn plack on me, but I will still stop that too. Oh, and club, this is my fiancee, Hatsuharu Sohma. Most people will condense it down to Hatsu though." I quickly introduced him.

"Haruhi! As your father, I forbid you to date or even think about being engaged to that man! You are too young to get married!" Tamaki decided to start one of his lectures as the 'father' of the group. I only rolled my eyes to that.

"Tamaki-senpai, who I date or choose to marry will be none of your god damn business. Besides, I love Hatsu so there is no real reason that you can make me do anything." I replied bluntly. Truthfully, I was getting pissed off more and more at Tamaki. Hatsu wrapped his arms around me from behind, and I immediately calmed down just because he had calmed down as well in two minutes. A new record for him.

"They are actually perfect for each other. Like Yin and Yang. Or, Sugar and Spice. Whichever floats the cradle." Hatori-san said to the rest.

"We really ought to get going soon though Hatori. The rest of the family wants to see Haruhi tonight, instead of tomorrow." Hatsu spoke calmly.

"Well, we can leave just as soon as I finish cleaning up the dishes. And, do not forget that I still have to stop by Ranka-san's place to pack up my stuff." I suggested.

"How long will doing the dishes take you?" Nii-san asked.

"Ten minutes." Was my answer.