†Chapter One†

(Hey everyone this is my first story on Wattpad, This story is posted on Quotev but I am publishing my stories here as well, this story is a bit rough but I hope you enjoy it let me know what you think if you have any pointers to improve my writing please let me know, votes would be awesome, feedback as well!) 

I was almost eleven years old and I lay on my bed staring at the low ceiling that had glow in the dark stars on it. My brother lay sleeping soundly in the bed beside mine, we were forced to stay in a closet under the stairs barely enough room for the two of us. I was alright with it though but once a month on the full moon I would change my family called me a freak and a monster, I knew they were right, each month on that day they locked Harry and I in separate rooms he knew nothing of my differences, for that I was thankful. I had a really bad temper too, I was stubborn, didn't listen often. I was enjoying the silence but it was snatched away from me. There was a click followed by knocking.
"Up. Get up." A high pitched irritating voice demanded. I groaned. Aunt Petunia. She knocked again then I heard her sigh angrily. "Now!" She shouted, She smacked the door of the closet.
"Were up!" I shouted at her.
"Don't you dare use that tone with me," She growled. I didn't reply. I shook my brother's shoulder lightly. I heard heavy footsteps on the stairs above the room they stopped then I heard them go half way up the stairs and stop again, he jumped on the staircase making dust fall from the ceiling.
"Wake up! We're going to the zoo!" He shouted, that was Dudley Dursley, my irritating cousin. That fatty wouldn't know a salad if it ate him whole. I got up and went to the door I opened it and was immediately shoved back into the room the door was slammed. I hadn't even noticed that elephant run down the stairs and to the kitchen. Harry had woken up and put on his glasses, unlike him my vision was perfectly fine. I glared at the kitchen door.
"Harry you may want to get up," I told him, I saw him nod and I went to the kitchen my clothes were practically rags, so it didn't matter if I was in my pajama's or not. I went into the kitchen.
"Why don't you just cook the breakfast, and try not to burn anything." Aunt Petunia ordered, I didn't respond. I hated the Dursley's they were abusive mentally and physically, to me more then Harry. I was thankful that they didn't hurt my brother. "Answer me," She ordered through gritted teeth.
"Yes, Aunt Petunia." I said only to have a voice sync with mine. Harry. I began working on the breakfast with Harry's help.
"I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley's special day." Petunia exclaimed happily.
"Hurry up! Bring my coffee, boy!" Uncle Vernon ordered.
"Yes, Uncle Vernon." Came Harry's replied. I hated how we had to listen to them.
"Did you say something brat?" Uncle Vernon growled.
"Not a thing, sir," I replied with a very faked smile. Harry looked more on the bright side of things. I found it hard to find the brightside with these people. The Dursley's were discussing the number of presents Dudley got for his birthday, Dudley of course was complaining. Harry and I changed into a pair of our better clothes, Harry was wearing Dudley's older clothes and I was wearing some of the clothes that were given to me by our neighbor, her daughter was around my size so she would give me her clothes after she grew out of them. We waited until Uncle Vernon told us it was time to leave, as we went to the car and we were stopped by Uncle Vernon.
"I'm warning you now, Any funny business, any at all, and you won't have any meals for a week. Get in." He spat at us, like he would feed us anything anyhow, he barely fed us now and what food he gave me I would give half to Harry.
At the zoo we began looking around but things got really interesting when we were looking at the reptiles.
"Make it move." Dudley ordered. Uncle Vernon rapped on the glass of the cage.
"Move!" he demanded. Dudley banged on the glass harder.
"MOVE!" he demanded again.
"He's asleep!" Harry and I snarled at the same time. Dudley mumbled something then he and his parents went to another enclosure, leaving Harry and I with the snake.
"Sorry about him. He doesn't understand what it's like, lying there day after day, having people press their ugly faces in on you." Harry told it. I sighed and leaned on the railing.
"it must be awful, I dont think I could live like that," the snake looked up at us and blinked. Harry and I looked at each other with wide eyes.
"Can you...hear us?" The snake nodded. "Its just...I've never talked to a snake before. Do you...I mean...do you talk to people often?" The snake shakes its head.
"You're from Burma, aren't you? Was it nice there, do you miss your family?" I asked curiously. Harry tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a sign that said Bred In Captivity
"I see. That's us as well. We never knew our parents, either." I explained. Before I could say anything else, Dudley pushed Harry aside causing him to knock me over. I glared at him as he pressed his face against the glass. I wish he would fall in. I thought to myself.
"Mummy, dad, come here! You won't believe what this snake is doing!!" Suddenly the glass disappeared and Dudley fell inside the case. Harry and I looked at each other both wondering if that had just happened. I saw the snake leave the exposition it stopped in front of us.
"Thanks," it said extending its s.
"Anytime." There was a lot of screaming as the snake headed for freedom. Dudley got up and was about to leave when we all noticed the case had returned. Harry and I laughed but we silenced as Uncle Vernon glared at us. Personally I thought the beating to come would have been worth it.
On the car ride home uncle Veron glare back at us. "I think you two plan these little mishap's, we shall be putting a stop to that immediately, Harry you will move to Dudleys old room, Girl you stay were you are," he growled.
"What you can't split us up!" I shouted. Even though we were apart once a month I prefer to stay with my twin. If this happened I wouldn't be able to make sure that they didn't hurt him.
"I can and I will," he growled silencing us both. I glared harshly at the back of his chair.
Harry moved his things upstairs it hadn't taken long, but now most of the room was empty, I was going to go and say goodnight but uncle Vernon pushed me back under the stairs, "hey!" I whined. he opened the door and slapped me as hard as he could. I put a hand on my cheek and shrunk back under the stairs. He came in and grabbed my hair throwing me to the floor. Then he landed a hard kick to my stomach. He then growled and walked out.
"Wait," I called before he closed the door.
"What now?" he snarled.
"Don't do this to Harry let me take his place, it was all my fault I don't know how I did it but I did, Harry had nothing to do with it," I cried. Uncle Vernon just walked back inside the small room and continued beating me. About ten minutes later he left me barely awake on the floor.
The next morning he hadn't unlocked my door. I heard Harry go passed he opened my vent and slipped in a letter curiously, I picked it up. I looked around cautiously then put the letter on my nightstand. I heard them all talking in the kitchen but I couldn't make out any words. I knew I would be in here for a while. That afternoon Harry lightly tapped on the door he opened the small vent.
"Are you alright?" he asked me.
"Yes I'm fine, just go Harry you'll get into trouble," I whispered.
"Potter!" I heard uncle Vernon call.
"Coming Uncle Vernon!" Harry shouted back politely. I still hadn't been let out, I hadn't opened the letter Harry gave me either. It was Sunday morning and I could hear uncle Vernon yelling at someone, I heard Harry yell back but I couldn't make out any words. Until I heard uncle Vernon right beside my door,
"That's it! We're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!"
" Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?!" I heard Dudley cry.
That morning uncle Vernon came and pulled me out of my room he quickly packed my things and shoved me in the car with everyone else we drove until we got to a house, on a rock island somewhere out at sea. I never did get to open my letter, it was in the same spot on my dresser.

It was dark when we got there. Harry and I were forced to sleep on the cold, dirt floor. Harry had drawn a birthday cake that read, Happy Birthday Harry and Arianna. Harry looks at Dudley's watch, which beeps 12:00.
"Make a wish," We both blew the picture away making the sand cover it.
"Harry what did you wish for?" I asked putting my hands behind my head and leaning back to look at the ceiling.
"To get away from this place," He said simply, I nodded in agreement.
Suddenly, the door thumps. Harry jumps. The door thumps again Dudley jumped up along with Harry and I we all back away. Harry and I went into a corner that hid us from view. Petunia and Vernon come down the stairs, Vernon with a gun and Petunia cowering behind him. The door bangs again and then cracks open, it fell to the floor revealing a huge guy who we saw as a shadow.
"Who's there?!" Uncle Vernon shouted pointing the gun.
"Sorry 'bout that." The man said in a kind but gruff voice, he lifted the door putting it back in it's place.
"I demand that you leave at once, Sir! You are breaking and entering!" Vernon shouted. The man walked toward them and grabbed the gun he bent it upwards as if it where a pipecleaner.
"Dry up, Dursley, you great prune." The gun fired and we all jumped.
The man turned to Dudley. "Mind, I haven't seen you since you was a baby, Harry, but you're a bit more along than I would have expected. Particularly 'round the middle! Where's your sister?" I froze how did he know Harry's name what did he mean?
"I-I-I'm not Harry." Dudley stuttered. Harry stepped foreword.
"I-I am." He said nervously.
"Oh, well, of course you are! Where's that twin'a yours?" I nervously stepped into the light.
"Right here sir" He turned to look at me.
"Well you look just like your mother, Got something for you two. 'Fraid I might have sat on it at some point! I imagine that it'll taste fine just the same. Ahh. Baked it myself. {Hands Harry the cake} Words and all. Heh." I took my place beside Harry and we looked at the box opening the lid.
"Thank you!" We chimed looking at the cake, which read: Happee Birdae Harry & Arianna. Arianna went up half the side of the cake getting squished, but it was nice. The thought that counts, I once heard someone say.
"It's not every day that your young twins turns eleven, now is it?" He smiled I put the cake on the side table.
The man sat down on the couch, takes out an umbrella and points it at the empty fire. Two sparks fly out and the fire starts. Harry and I looked at each other then back at him.
"Excuse me, who are you?" Harry and I ask in sync without meaning it.
"Rubeus Hagrid. Keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. Course, you'll know all about Hogwarts." Hagrid explained.
"Sorry, no." Harry Responded.
"No? Blimey, Harry, didn't you ever wonder where your mum and dad learned it all?" Our eyes widened.
"Learnt what?" I asked hesitantly
"I'm surprised you two don't know, Your a wizard Harry, and you Arianna are a witch."
"I-I'm a what?" We stuttered.
"You're magic-folk. And a thumping talented beings at that, I'd wager. Once you train up a little." Hagrid told us we looked at each other.
"No, you've made a mistake." I told him. "We can't be... magic-folk."
"I mean, I'm just... Harry. Just Harry." I nodded in agreement.
"Well, Just Harry, did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn't explain when you were angry or scared?" We looked at each other remembering the snake and the glass. "Ah."
Hagrid hands Harry the same letter that has been sent the past while. I looked over his shoulder reading the content and my eyes widened. Hagrid handed me and identical one with my name on it, it was the same letter I had left on my dresser back home.

"Dear, Mr. Potter. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" Harry gasped. We smiled at each other.
"They'll not be going! We swore when we took them in we'd put an end to this rubbish!" Uncle Vernon shouted. I glared.
"You knew?? You knew all along and you never told us?" I snapped.
"Of course we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was. Oh, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful? I was the only one to see her for what she was. A freak! And then she met that Potter, and then she had you two, and I knew you'd be just the same, just as strange, just as ... abnormal. And then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up! And we got landed with you." Aunt Petunia accused us.
"Blown up? You told us our parents died in a car crash!" Harry exclaimed.
"A car crash? A car crash kill James and Lily Potter?" Hagrid said raising his voice. I glared at my Aunt and Uncle.
"We had to tell them something." Petunia exclaimed.
"It's an outrage! It's a scandal!"
"They'll not be going!" Uncle Vernon shouted taking me by the arm harshly.
"Oh, and I suppose a great Muggle like yourself's going to stop him, are you?" Hagrid said moving beside Harry.
"Muggle?" Harry and I asked together.
"Non magic folk. These two have had their names down ever since they was born! He's going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world, and he'll be under the greatest headmaster Hogwarts' has ever seen: Albus Dumbledore."
"I will not pay for some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks!" Hagrid took out the umbrella and pointed it at Uncle Vernon.
"Never insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me." He looked behind them and he pointed his umbrella, I heard Dudley shout.
Petunia started shouting and Uncle Vernon dragged me away towards him, I saw the pigs tail on Dudley's rear and Harry and I began laughing.
Hagrid told Harry something and then winked.
"Now I am taking these two, too Hogwarts," Uncle Vernon's face turned red and his grip tightened on my arm.
"You will do no such thing, you will take one of them but not both, that is my final offer," My face fell and I looked to Hagrid than Harry, I knew I couldn't leave Harry here with these monsters. I smiled at Harry tears reaching my eyes.
"I will be taking them both," Hagrid argued, I shook my head knowing that if we did find a way for us both to go Uncle Vernon would be furious and if we ever came back he would be sure to beat both Harry and myself. I couldn't let Harry get hurt.
"Harry you have to go," I spoke up I saw his eyes widen.
"I'm not leaving without you," He argued. I nodded.
"Yes you are, you are going to go to this school and make friends and learn magic and it will be wonderful, I will stay here, it was your wish, I want you to be happy," I saw Vernon's triumphant smirk. A tear rolled down my cheek and Harry and I exchanged glances. Harry nodded.
"Okay." He whispered. Hagrid looked at a watch and gave me a look of pity and I saw regret in his eyes. I nodded at him. I went to give Harry a hug but Uncle Vernon pulled me back. More tears reached my eyes, I didn't want to see him leave.
"Ooh, we're a bit behind schedule. Best be off. Unless you'd rather stay, of course. Hmm?" Hagrid said glumly he turned and left I motioned for Harry to follow.
"Go you doofus, you better write," I joked trying to keep back more tears. He nodded and left leaving me at the mercy of our so-called family.

Over the course of the year we had gone back to our old house and I was forced back under the stairs, I was beaten daily and I hadn't heard a thing from Harry I told myself it was because he was busy with his studies but deep down I didn't know if he would be coming back, but I made my choice and I didn't regret it, I just hope that when he came back Uncle Vernon wouldn't hurt Harry. Over the time Harry was away I learned a lot about the world and how things seem to work, it changed me quiet a bit, but enough of myself back to the story. I was thankful when Harry did come home though, the night he returned I had jammed the lock on my door and snuck up to his room and we talked all night about his time at Hogwarts he told me all about his friends and his adventures at the school. He got into a lot of trouble and almost died because of one of his teachers, this made me feel bad. I told him to go because I thought he would be safe, not almost die. As it turns out there was a dark wizard who killed our parents when we where babies, now he wanted to kill us. We where the only ones who stood up against him and lived, that was where Harry got his scar, everyone seemed to know about that to, but I found that no one knew anything about me. That didn't bother me of course. People only knew me as 'Harry Potter's Sister' Harry had brought home his textbooks from the year and told me that we weren't aloud to use magic outside of school but I could learn the spells and try it next year when I went. Next year. He was so sure that the Dursley's would let me go to Hogwarts next year. But if they didn't let me go this year, why let me go next year? When I saw the sun peak through Harry's window I snuck back to my room not bothering to lock it. I had Harry's books with me and I put them under the thin mattress. Maybe next year they would let me go, but why get my hopes up?