†Chapter Eleven†

Class ended soon after, next was our first Care of Magical creatures class with Hagrid. I wasn't as close to Hagrid as Harry, Hermione and Ron, I barely spoke to him. But I felt he was going to be a good teacher, he was one of my favorite teachers so far this year.
"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" Ron wondered his voice quivering slightly.
"Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes. That's a fascinating subject."
"Ancient Runes? How many classes are you taking this term?" I asked her,
"A fair few."
"Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once!" Ron protested.
"Don't be silly, Ronald. How could anyone be in two classes at once? 'Broaden your minds... use your inner eye to see the future...'" We all laughed along with her, running down the stairs to Hagrids hut.

"That's it. C'mon now. Come closer! Less talkin', if you don' mind. I got a real treat for yeh today. A great lesson. So follow me." He led us into the Forest I walked a little behind my brother and his friends. "Right, you lot. Less chatterin'. Form a group over there. And open yer' books to page forty-nine." I stared at my monster of a book as it moved beneath my fingers.
"And exactly how do we do that?" A voice beside me asked, I turned to see none other than Draco,
"Well, just stroke the spine, o' course. Goodness me!" Hagrid exclaimed like it was the most obvious thing in the world I continued walking, going past Neville who was being eaten by his book. I thought about helping but kept walking catching up to Hermione.
"I think they're funny."
"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny Really witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." I narrowed my eyes at his words.
"Shut up, Malfoy!" Harry Snapped
"Ooooh!" Draco taunted, I rolled my eyes as he called a false Dementor scare, and he and his friends put their hoods up tauntingly making noises that where meant to scare us.
"Just ignore him." Hermione said making a face at them and dragging Harry to the front of the group. Away from Draco. I shook my head at him putting a hand on my forehead, looking at him briefly he was staring at me, I couldn't quiet read his facial expression but he looked... Different to me. Something was off. I frowned and turned away going to stand beside Harry, at that moment Hagrid brought foreword a bird? Or was it a horse? Or both? Both sounded right. It was a beautiful creature grey feather's with a beak that was also grey, but he was the size of a horse with hooves on its feet. "Ahem. Ta-ta-ta-dah! Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak." Hagrid announced.
"Hagrid. Exactly what is that?" Ron asked.
"That, Ron, is a hippogriff. Firs' thing yeh wanna know abou' hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the las' thing yeh ever do. Now, who'd like ter come an' say hello?" I noticed everyone take a step back; I stayed where I was hoping to get chosen. I held my head confidently, but I felt someone pull me back by my cloak causing me to move back with the rest of the group. I brushed them off me not bothering to look to see who it was.
"Well done, Harry! Well done. Come on, now. Now, you have to let 'im make the firs' move. It's only polite. So, step up, give 'im a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. And if he does, you can go and touch him. If not- well, we'll get to that later. Just make your bow. Nice and low." I got a bit nervous watching Harry, I didn't want it to hurt him, I jumped back slightly as Buckbeak let out a sound, that didn't sound happy.
"Back off, Harry! Back off! Keep still. Keep still. Oh, ho! Well done, Harry! Well done! Here, ya big brute, ya... Right. I think you can go and pat 'im now. Go on. Don't be shy." I could feel someone's breath on the back on my neck, and I felt my cheeks heat up slightly, I moved forward putting on a confident face, despite the fear in the pit of my stomach. I saw Harry go up and pat Buckbeak.
"Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow. Slow. Not so fast, Harry. Slow down, Harry. That's it... nice and slow. Now let 'im come to you. That's it. Slowly, now, slowly, slowly, that's it... Yes! Well done! Well done, Harry! Well done! I think he may let you ride 'im now." I froze slightly barely hearing Hagrid's words, Harry would be fine right, and Buckbeak seemed nice for a hippogriff. Not that I had ever met a Hippogriff before but I assumed Buckbeak was one of the nicer ones. I mean Hagrid wouldn't have brought him hear if he had hurt anyone. I turned my attention back to the scene to see Hagrid lift Harry onto Buckbeak.
"We'll put you over here, just behind the wing joint. Don' pull out any of 'is feathers, because he won' thank you for that. Heh, heh..." Hagrid patted Buckbeak's back and Buckbeak took off Harry shouting and holding on for dear life. I could hear Harry's screams of fear turn into screams of excitement and joy. Ugh stupid idiot behind me, I could've gotten to ride Buckbeak. Oh well Harry needed some sort of stress relief and who knows how Buckbeak would react to a... well me. Hagrid whistles calling Buckbeak back.
"Well done, Harry!" People cheered. I joined in cheering.
"Well done, Harry! And well done, Buckbeak!" Hagrid said lifting Harry off of Buckbeak.
"Oh, please!" Draco scoffed. He sounded close. I drifted my eyesight to the person behind me, and it didn't take a genius to see the bleached blonde hair. Harry came over to us smiling after chatting with Hagrid. Just as Draco pushed me aside lightly but still pushed, I folded my arms and glared, I moved forward slightly.
"Yes, you're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute"
"Draco lay off!" Before I knew what I was doing I had ran foreword-pushing Malfoy out of Buckbeak's way. I felt a pain in my shoulder.
"Buckbeak! Whoa... whoa... whoa... whoa! Buckbeak! Away, you silly creature!" Hagrid shouted I had fallen face first in the dirt beside Malfoy; I sat up clutching my shoulder.
"You idiot! What was that!" I shouted I could feel tears sting my eyes from the pain, no matter how much pain I endured I never got used to it. I could see Draco looking at me with a scared, confused expression. Hagrid rushed over kneeling down beside me.
"Are you alright?" Hagrid asked unsure of what to doo. I hoisted myself to my feet still holding my probably dislocated shoulder. I winced and felt a tear go down my cheek. Harry rushed over to me along with Hermione and Ron. I looked back to Malfoy.
"Why'd you..." He trailed off.
"I knew you would be a bigger wimp about it than I would," I lied. I honestly don't know why I did it. If Malfoy got hurt he would have just been a baby about it.
"We should get you to the hospital." Hagrid said, "Are you alright to walk?"
"Yes thank you Hagrid, This isn't my first dislocated shoulder," I mumbled the last part under my breath but I saw Hagrid raise an eyebrow as he took me to the Hospital wing leaving Draco on the ground. He and dismissed the class as we left. Hermione lectured me on how stupid that move was. Harry helped me walk up the stairs. I sigh trying to block out the pain. What did I do?
It had been a couple weeks since the incident with Draco, I haven't spoken to him, and I've had to wear a sling, It was difficult with my transformation happening, I didn't even make it to the Shrieking Shack I had just transformed in the forest, but I had my potion so I knew what I was doing, for some reason I felt that I needed to stay away from the Shack like something bad would happen. I sat in the Great Hall with Harry, Hermione, Ron and the twins who I sat between.
"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy Parkinson cooed. Apparently when I pushed Draco he twisted his ankle. Ugh that irritating... Ugh!
"It comes and it goes. Still... I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've, ah, lost my foot. Couldn't possibly do any walk for weeks..." I scoffed.
"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" I growled. Fred put a hand on shoulder George putting his hand on my other shoulder carefully.
"Don't worry Ari, we can prank him if you want! We will pick up some supplies when we go to Hogsmeade! You are coming aren't you," I remembered my form that I had forged, even though I wanted to go, I think Harry could use a break.
"No. No I'm not, Harry is though and don't prank Draco you may just make it worse, I hear Draco's father's furious. We haven't heard the end of this..." I told them, Harry looked at me with a raised eyebrow,
"What do you mean I'm going? I didn't get my form signed,"
"Don't worry bro, Aunt Petunia signed it while you where upstairs," I took the form out of my pocket, and handed it to him. "I snatched it before we left. He looked at it, he knew that I had lied but he thanked me and accepted it.
"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus shouted running towards it, it drew some heads from other tables that listened in, Seamus put down a newspaper,
"Who?" Neville asked.
"Sirius Black!" I froze in my chair as I read the article blocking everyone out, He... He was getting closer... He was... He was after me... After Harry.
"With the Dementors at every entrance?" I heard someone say.
"Dementors? He's already slipped by them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?" Seamus said, I could tell we where all nervous, the air seemed to have gotten thicker as someone else spoke.
"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke through your bare hands." He was right, but If he was after Harry and I... I couldn't let Harry get hurt, even if he was older than me I had always protected him, no matter what, I brushed off Fred and George.
"I... I have homework." I said plainly I got some of my mail and quickly left the Great Hall, I need to think of something to do to keep him from getting to Harry, But I couldn't take a mass murderer on alone... But whom could I go to. What could I possibly do? Truth is. I'm scared. I'm so scared that on one of these little adventures at Hogwarts, The Potter twins will just turn into... Well just me... or just Harry. I stopped in the hall leaning against the wall and falling to my knees, I felt a couple tears trickle down my face.
I...

I...

I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE! I heard footsteps and my head snapped up, seeing Professor Lupin coming towards me. He noticed me. I got to my feet making it look like I had dropped my book, I got to my feet and began walking towards him, it was either go passed him or go back to the Great Hall. I kept my head down trying to be sure he couldn't see me crying, then he would ask questions, then he would tell Dumbledore, than Dumbledore would want to talk to me, ask me what's wrong, I didn't need a councilor I needed to be strong enough on my own, as long as Harry was alive, I had something to live for, I wasn't just a monster masquerading as a human. I had a purpose.
"Afternoon Miss Potter," He said as I passed him.
"Afternoon S-Sir," My voice cracked... OF ALL THE DAMN TIMES. The second I had passed him I broke into a run. Briefly looking back to see him staring at me. I went down to the Black Lake leaning against a tree, and then I did my homework.