†Episode 1†

(Hey everyone hope you enjoy this story, this is on Quotev as well under the same name so if it looks familiar that's where you know it from, i am in the process of putting my stories there onto this site so updates are every Friday, this story does contain some darker themes, so if you aren't comfortable with that this is your warning to stop reading, i'm not trying to romanticize any of these issues so if that seems like the case please let me know in the comments, and this is a smut free fan fic so if you are looking for something like that please look elsewhere, votes and feedback are always appreciated :3)

Haruhi and I were walking around the school trying to find a library I walked behind Haruhi our footstep matched accidentally. She stopped in front of a room that said music room 3 I had heard this room was abandoned, Haruhi opened the door rose petals flew around us and 6 different voices happily said

"Welcome," when the rose petals fell and the light went back to normal I saw 6 attractive boys standing in front of us, one was tall and had blonde hair with purple/blue eyes beside him was a boy with black hair and glasses. I saw the familiar orange headed twins that were in our class and beside them was a very tall very attractive black haired boy he towered over a small blonde haired boy protectively. I immediately felt protective over the smaller boy; I had always been good around children I don't know why though. The taller blonde began talking to Haruhi saying she was an inspiration to poor people everywhere. No one saw me but I felt eyes on me when I turned to look it was the taller boy we stared at each other until a loud crash was heard I saw Haruhi looking at a broken vase.
"Aw. We were going to feature that Renaissance vase in an upcoming school auction," Hikaru and Kaoru whined.
"Oh now you've done it, commoner, The bidding on that vase was supposed to start at 8 million yen," Kaoru said.
"What, 8 million yen? How many thousand yen is that? How many thousands are in 8 million? I'm gonna have to pay you back," Haruhi panicked. I gathered the glass together quietly as they spoke.
"With what money? You can't even afford a school uniform." Hikaru and Kaoru said.
"What's with that grubby outfit you've got on anyway?" Kaoru asked
"Well, what do you think we should do, Tamaki?" The one with glasses asked
"There's a famous saying you may have heard, Fujioka. When in Rome, you should do as the Romans do. Since you have no money, you can pay with your body. That means, starting today, you are a host club's dog," The one known as Tamaki said. During the conversation I had walked over and began cleaning up the broken vase. Haruhi looked shocked at his words, I was trying to be careful not to make a sound but I accidently stepped on some of the glass causing it to make a loud crack in the silent room everyone's eyes where on me.
"Well, well, well, who might you be princess?" the blonde asked I looked up at him and gathered the glass in my hands. I bowed slightly not answering his question.
"She's saying sorry," Haruhi said.
"Why doesn't she say it herself?" The blonde asked. Haruhi shrugged as I went over to a trash bin and put in the glass. "So my dear what type of guy are you into? The strong silent type? The intelligent type? The boy Lolita? How about the mischievous type? Or the cool type?" He asked.
"Uh... I-It's not like that. We were just looking for a quiet place to study," Haruhi said defensively.
"Or maybe you're into a guy like me. What do you say?" He asked lifting my chin with his finger. I pulled my chin away from him and went to hide behind Haruhi. The boy sulked in a corner. I looked over slightly worried,
"Don't worry about him he does that all the time," The one with glasses said. "Now my dear who might you be?" Everyone looked at him shocked by his question.
"You don't know who she is?" Hikaru asked. He shook his head.
"I'm afraid not I hadn't heard of another exchange student," They still looked shocked even the blonde Tamaki came out his corner with a stunned expression. I opened my mouth to speak when Haruhi answered him.
"Her name is Misaki Fujioka she's my sister," She said.
"Tell me more about yourself," the boy said, I didn't trust him he seemed creepy and kind of reminded me of a pedophile. ((Sorry Kyoya Lovers It had to be said! XD))
"You'll have to excuse her she doesn't talk much," Haruhi said.
The host club opened, I watched quietly sitting beside the boy with glasses who's name I was told was Kyoya. The really tall one was Takashi or Mori, the one he practically guarded was named Mitsukuni or Honey, I had wondered if he was really Mitsukuni Haninozuka the master at martial arts, I decided not to ask him just in case he had been keeping it a secret or something like that. Kyoya wrote in a little black book and observed the others, this time I was glad no one noticed me sitting there, Honey rubbed his eyes cutely.
"Is that boy really a third year?" Haruhi asked looking at him curiously, wow this boy was a third year which meant he was older then me, wow.
"Honey Senpai may seem young and childish, but he's a prodigy. And then Mori Senpai's allure is his strong and silent disposition," Kyoya answered.
"Misa-chan, Misa-chan! Hey Misa chan do you wanna go have some cake with me?" Haney asked running over to me with Mori following. Anything was better then sitting here awkwardly with Kyoya, he was still trying to find out things about me.
I nodded and I gave him a small smile as he grabbed my hand and we walked over to a small table with three pieces of cake and three cups of tea on it, it was like they knew I would say yes. I sat down beside honey as he pushed two plate of cake in front of me.
"Which one do you want Misa chan there chocolate and strawberry," He said.
"Which on do you like?" I asked quietly.
"I like the Strawberry its' my favorite," He smiled holding his bunny in his arms.
"Then I will take the chocolate, is Takashi- I mean Mori sempai going to have any cake?" I asked blushing when I got Takashi's name wrong.
"Yeah of course that's why I didn't tell you about the lime cake its' Takashi san's favorite," Honey said pulling on Takashi's sleeve as he sat.
"Its' all right if you call me Takashi," Mori said in a low voice. I nodded and began to eat my cake.
As soon as it had started the girls in the club where ushered out leaving only the 6 boys and my sister and I.
"What's this world coming to?" I heard Haruhi ask, I turned to see her Kyoya talking.
"And in order for you to pay off your 8 million yen debt with us, you will act as the Ouran host club's dog until you graduate. I'm sorry, I meant our errand boy. You can try to run away if you want to, Haruhi, but just so you know, my family employs a private police force of 100 officers." Wait a second they thought Haruhi was a guy? All right I could go along with this, but only because I wanted to see how long it would take them to notice.
"You need a makeover, or no girl's going to look twice at you," Tamaki said determinedly.
"Yeah, well, I'm not trying to get girls to look at me," Haruhi shrugged.
"Are you kidding me? That's the most important thing. You have to learn to be a gentleman and please the ladies like me," Tamaki said striking a dramatic pose
"I just don't think it's all that important. Why should I care about appearances and labels anyway? I mean, all that really matters is what's on the inside, right? I don't understand why you even have a host club like this," That's Haruhi for ya, I thought to myself.
"It's a cruel reality, isn't it? It's not often that god creates a perfect person like Moi! Beautiful both inside and out." Tamaki stated. I stopped listening to them talk when I felt a pair of eyes staring at me, I turned to see Kyoya, I shuddered slightly he still scared me.
"Obnoxious," I heard Haruhi state I turned back to the scene to see Tamaki growing mushrooms in his corner of woe. Haruhi rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm sorry, Tamaki senpai, Your lesson did strike a small chord with me," She stated Tamaki jumped out of his corner running up to her, he stood in front of her then began to boss people around
"But he's not going to get very far with the ladies if he doesn't look the part, you know. He's not exactly host club material, but maybe if we took off his glasses, it'd help," Hikaru said taking off Haruhi's glasses, I suppose I was lucky when it came to eyes sight, I just never needed glasses.
"Hey, I need those. I used to have contacts, but I lost them on the first day of school," To anyone it sounded like Haruhi had a really bad first day of school.
"Hikaru, Kaoru," Tamaki ordered
"Got it." They said in union.
"Kyoya, my hair stylist. Mori senpai, go to the eye doctor and get him some contact lenses."
"What about me, Tama-chan?" Honey asked cutely.
"Honey senpai."
"Yes sir." Honey said thinking it would be something exciting
"You, go have some cake." Honey sulked.
"It's just us, Usa-chan. Everyone else said they were too busy." Honey frowned he turned and saw me, "Oh hey Misa-chan I forgot you were here do you want to eat cake with me?" He asked, I sweat dropped then nodded knowing I wouldn't 't have anything else to do. Honey and I sat at a table he ate cake while I drank some "Commoners coffee" as the club called it, I turned to Kyoya and he looked at me questioningly.
"How may I help my twin pay off the money?" I asked speaking up so only he could hear me.
"Well I suppose there not much you can do," He said adjusting his glasses.
"Please?" I asked bowing.
"Well I suppose you could work as a waitress or something," He said.
"Thank you Kyoya-sempai," I said bowing again. He gave me a small smile.
"Aren't you done changing yet?" I heard Tamaki call I turned to see Tamaki and Haruhi chatting.
"You know, that's just what I was thinking. Our errand
boy is moving up the ranks Starting today, you are an official member of the host club. I will personally train you to be a first-rate host. If you can get 100 customers to request your service, we will completely forget about your 8 million yen debt, you're going to have to work hard to pay off that debt, my little nerd," Tamaki said hugging Haruhi with one arm. Wow my sister a host, interesting.
The next day at the Host club I brought everyone tea and cake and whatever else they need no one but Haruhi seemed to notice my presence I didn't mind, I went over to Haruhi's table bringing her and her guests more tea. Harui was being bombarded with questions,
"So, tell me, Haruhi. Do you have any hobbies? What do you like to do?"
"I'm curious. What kind of products do you use on your skin?"
"Yeah, it's so pretty."
"So why did you join the host club, Haruhi?"
"I see. Your mother was sick and passed away 10 years ago. Who does the chores around the house?" A girl asked after Haruhi explained the story, I glared at her using our mothers death to get more customers, that was a dirty trick Haruhi. I thought to myself.
"Oh, I do them myself. My mother taught me. She was an amazing cook. And when she went to the hospital, she left me all kinds of great recipes, but of course I am not the one who cooks around the house that is my sister, well we would do it together I guess we always relied closely on each other It was fun to create each dish, especially when they turned out well. And it made me happy to see my dad enjoy it. I've had a hard childhood, but dad and I have managed to make it through okay." She said.
"So... uh... is it okay if tomorrow... ...we request to sit with you again?" the girls asked together, Haruhi gave them a smile.
"Yeah, I really appreciate that, ladies."
"Mori senpai! Help me!" I heard Haruhi shout I saw her being hugged by Tamaki, Mori went over and picked Haruhi up by the armpits breaking the hug.
"Mori senpai, you really didn't have to go that far. Come on little one. Let daddy give you a big hug." DADDY?! WTF JUST HAPPENED? I thought to myself.
"I've already got a dad. I don't need another one." Haruhi stated as Mori put her down. Tamaki ran over to me and hugged me.
"Oh look at this, our new cute little maid will give her daddy a hug," Tamaki said happily, I didn't move just glared slightly in his direction, Kyoya chuckled.
"Wait maid?" Haruhi asked looking at me, I nodded.
"Misaki has offered to help you pay off your debt to us by working as a maid," Kyoya explained. They all looked at me.
"So that's were the coffee and cake came from," The twins said in sudden realization. I rolled my eyes not showing any other emotion. I looked around the room for Haruhi's bag and my own I frowned when I didn't see them, I looked out the window to see our bags in the fountain.
"Hey, what happened to my bag? Are you kidding me? But
how did that happen? I didn't think there were bullies at this school." Haruhi said quietly to herself.
"Bullies are everywhere Haruhi," I said looking out the window at our stuff, she looked at me curiously but I just calmly walked down to the fountain and began getting our things out, Haruhi rolled up her pant legs and helped. The girl I knew as Ayanokoji walked up to us.
"Oh, it's you two again. I bet you love having Tamaki making you over and fawning over you. It's useless, though. You're always going to be a second class citizen" She snarled I stood in front of Haruhi protectively.
"You will not talk to Haruhi like that, not as long as I'm around," I growled at her, she looked a bit scared but recovered quickly. She glared sticking out her tongue and walked away.
"Wow thanks-" Before she could finish a voice interrupted us.
"Hey, commoners! You've got some nerve, skipping out on the club like that. Why is your bag all wet?" Tamaki asked stopping in front of the fountain, I looked up at him glaring slightly then went back to looking for my things.
"Eh, it's no big deal. I got it. I just can't find my food money." Haruhi said. I looked at her telling her not to worry about it, and that I would pay for food, she shook her head. Tamaki looked at us questioningly not understanding our wordless conversation.
"Hey, you don't have to do that. You'll get wet,"
"A little water never hurt anyone. Besides, people are always telling me that I'm dripping with good looks." Tamaki said Haruhi stared at him. Maybe he wasn't as annoying as I thought. "Hang on a second. This what you're looking for?" He asked holding up Haruhi's wallet, Haruhi didn't answer just continued staring. "What's the matter? You're staring off into space. You're not falling for me, are you?" Tamaki asked.
"No way," Haruhi responded quickly.
"How did your bag end up in the pond anyway?"
"Well, uh... I guess I accidentally dropped it out the window at some point." Haruhi replied lamely. They both finished getting Haruhi's things then went inside, I kept looking around the fountain for the remainder of my things, sometimes it sucked being forgotten, but you have to get used to it Misaki. I told myself. I finished up and went back towards the club, I walked in just as I saw Haruhi on top of that Ayanokoji and Haruhi's hands were on either side of her.
"No, Haruhi, leave me alone! Somebody, help! He just attacked me! Someone, do something! Teach this commoner a lesson! Why did you do that? Do something, Tamaki. Haruhi just assaulted me." She shrieked. But that wasn't right she wouldn't do that, it must be a set up. I glared and walked over to them but stopped when I saw the twins dump tea on them. What the hell was the point of that? I asked myself.
"I'm disappointed in you. You threw his bag into the pond, didn't you?" and Tamaki forgot about me, again. I had always had people ignore me but for some reason when they did it, it just bothered me.
"You don't know that. Do you have any proof that I did?" Ayanokoji said defensively.
"You know, you're a beautiful girl. But you aren't classy enough to be our guest, dear. If there's one thing I know, Haruhi is not that kind of a man." Tamaki said taking Ayanokoji's chin in his hand.
"But why, Tamaki? You idiot!" She shouted running out. I glared after her. She had better stay away from Haruhi or there would be hell to pay.
"Hmm, now how am I going to punish you? Because it is your fault after all. Your quota is now one thousand!" Great Haruhi we always manage to get into more then what we bargained for. I sighed. Kyoya looked at me then back at Haruhi
"This is the only spare uniform we have. Sorry, but it's better than a wet one, right?" Kyoya said handing Haruhi a uniform.
"Thanks a lot, you guys. I'm gonna go change." She went into the change room and I sat down beside Kyoya. He didn't say anything just looked at me, we started to engage in a staring contest and I didn't even notice Tamaki going into Haruhi's change room with more towels. When Haruhi came out I saw Tamaki's face going red.
"So, you're a girl?" He asked. I looked at him eyes widening slightly how did he find out? I asked myself.
"Biologically speaking, yeah Listen, senpai, I don't really care whether you guys recognize me as a boy or a girl. In my opinion, it's more important for a person to be recognized for who they are rather than for what sex they are." Yup that's Haruhi. I thought to myself.
"Well, isn't this an interesting development."
"Oh, yeah."
"Uh, you know, I have to say, senpai. I thought you were pretty cool earlier." Haruhi told Tamaki, his face turned bright red.
"Now I could be wrong, but I think we may be witnessing the beginnings of love here." Kyoya stated I nodded in agreement smiling slightly. I was happy for her, a bit jealous but when was I not jealous of my perfect sister, and its' not like I liked Tamaki I didn't feel that way about any of them especially not Kyoya, he scared me. Then why did being ignored by these people bother me so much?
"Damn feelings." I muttered under my breath.
"Being a host and getting fussed over by a bunch of girls might not be that bad. I wonder how I could pull it off. I've got it. I'll just call everyone dude and bro now." She said determinedly. I walked up to her lightly punching her shoulder and rolling my eyes she smiled at me.
"Don't start getting full of yourself just because you're popular. If you're going to be a host-"
"Wow. Another customer has requested me." Haruhi said looking over Kyoya's shoulder
"Don't take my customers!" Tamaki shouted. I rolled my eyes. So this was going to be my life now. Interesting...