Chapter 11

A month had passed and so had Christmas and before everyone knew it, it was New Year's Eve and everyone was getting ready to go out and get drunk. Camila was standing in front of her mirror admiring the new dress she had just recently purchased. A knock at her door caught her attention.

"Come in," she yelled over her music. Ally poked her head through and smiled when she saw how gorgeous her best friend had looked. She was wearing a short black dress that fit perfectly around her slender body. It ended about halfway down her thighs and was strapless.

"Wow Mila, you look gorgeous." Ally walked into her room and approached the brunette.

"Really, do you think Austin is going to like it?" She twirled herself around giving Ally a better look at the dress.

"I think he'll love it," Ally beamed.

"You look amazing yourself, Ally." Camila held her arms out and grabbed her best friend into a hug. "Troy is one lucky guy," she whispered into her ear.

"Oh he knows, trust me." Ally smirked. Camila laughed and shook her head as she pulled away from her best friend.

"So what time are we supposed to be at Lauren's bar by?" Camila grabbed her phone off the bed to check the time.

"She said to be there for nine, the DJ will start spinning at that time." Ally checked her watch and looked back at Camila. "We should get going in about twenty minutes if we want to be on time, hopefully the boys will be here by then." Ally walked towards the bedroom door and stopped.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something?" She paused.

"Did you remember to take money out for the bar?" Camila raised an eyebrow, knowing her best friend very well.

"Shit, that's what I meant to do. Now we have to stop and do that. I'm going to text Austin and Troy and tell them to get here earlier," Ally quickly ran out of the room. Camila smiled and shook her head at the other woman. Things between her and Ally had gotten a lot better in the last month, they had a good drunken heart to hearts one night and before Camila knew it, they were both crying and hugging telling each other how much they loved one another.

Camila grabbed her phone off the bed and opened up her text messages. She scrolled down to Lauren's name and typed out a quick message.

Can't wait for tonight, we're going to get so drunk I'm going to force you to dance with me. I refuse to let you be alone tonight.

It had been two days since she had last heard from Lauren. They had a conversation on the phone about New Years and planned everything out. Originally Austin was supposed to be working but got it off last minute, so Camila had to call and ask Lauren if it was too late to get him into her bar. Lauren was going to be solo and the whole time Camila was supposed to be joining her so they could be alone, together. As much as Camila was relieved that Lauren wouldn't have a date, she also felt sorry for her and was beginning to think that maybe the noirette was upset over it.

She let out a sigh of relief when she felt her phone vibrate in her hand and saw a new text message, from Lauren.

Hey yeah, it should be a good time. See you in a bit!

Camila smiled before she placed her phone back onto the bed. She hadn't seen Lauren in a little over a week and really missed her company. The two had gotten much closer since the first day they met (although you can't get much closer than they've already been) and found she was missing her quite a bit.

"Okay, the boys will be here in ten. Hurry up and finish getting ready," Ally yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay, be right out." Camila looked in the mirror and quickly fixed her cleavage. She checked her makeup and hair one last time and gave herself a nod when deciding she looked good enough for Austin...and secretly Lauren as well.