Messing with Chat

(Marinette's POV)

After another short break, me and Chat started sparring. Though, most of it was predictable on both my part, and his. We both knew how the other fought very well.

With my yo-yo out, I throw the end of it to wrap around Chat's staff as he tries to hit me from the side. Pulling it away from him, I taunt him. "Can't do much without your staff, can you kitty?"

He huffs. "Marinette, come on. We won't be able to spar much more if I don't have my staff."

I smile. "Well, I disarmed you. This would mean I'd win."

Chat slowly walks towards me. "I guess. Though we're still more evenly matched then you think."

He lunges towards me, but I step out of the way. Causing him to fall on his face. Laying there, he turns to look at me. "You're being mean."

"Oh stop pouting," I say. "You're fine. You're just upset because I out witted you twice."

Sighing he starts to sit up. As he does so, he grabs my hand and pulls me down with him. "Yes, but it seems I got the upper hand now."

I try to push away, but he holds me tight. Chat pushes me on the ground. Forcing my arms down by my sides. He straddles my waist making it a little uncomfortable. "Chat. In strength this isn't fair."

"I'm better with force. You're better with wit. This is very fair," he says with a laugh. A very warm and cute- 'Marinette no! Stop thinking he's... cute. The more you think it, the more you'll fall in love with him!'

(Chat's POV)

While in this position, Marinette starts to get red again. 'I guess it is kind of awkward. I might be hurting her as well!' With that thought I stand up, turning away.

'Though, she didn't seem in pain. More just flustered. Was Nino right?' I ask myself. I reach my hand out to Marinette to help her up. "We'll end it here today. But I won't go easy on you tomorrow."

She crosses her arms. "Why go easy on me today? You're supposed to make it hard for me to win. Don't let me win. Make it challenging."

"Well, since you're doing the obstacle course next, I thought I'd make this a little easier than I am every other time. But don't worry bugaboo, I promise not to go easy on you anymore. Unless I hurt you. Then you have to say something, okay?"

She sighs. "A little pain will be fine, but I guess if it gets really bad," Marinette says turning away. "Though considering sparring with Nathanaël wasn't much of a challenge, I didn't need you to go easy on me either."

"Sorry. Guess I just want to make today your easiest. It is your first day," I say with a smile. "I know you like more of a challenge, but you deal with akuma all the time. It may get tough, so sometimes, you need to take it easier. This advice, other than today, can be applied after you leave. From here on out, it certainly won't get easier."

"So you keep telling me," she says. "Well, thank you. For the advice I mean. Relaxing and letting myself cool down every once in a while would be nice. I definitely could use the break here and there."

I nod. "Oh, does Tikki need to recharge? There are some snacks over here," I say leading her to the back right corner of the room.