1 - Are you lost?

-Maria's P.O.V

         I aimlessly wandered the streets of Chicago, unsure of my current location, or even my potential location, unless it's when I go home to the apartment I rented for the month, while I was going to be here. It was still odd wandering in a concrete forest of tall skyscrapers, that was being flooded my people, of course it was weird, as I was born and raised in a small Oregon town.

The forest and nature had become my home. But I was overjoyed, that this city had an NHL team! I tightened the red flannel, that was tied around my waist, as the sun hit down on my skin, summer Chicago was interesting..the change was nice, though.

My hair was in a messy bun, whilst I was wearing maroon high-waisted jean shorts, and a white crop top, branding some black high-top converse while I was at it. I pulled my phone out of my "pockets", that weren't deep but still held it somehow.. I checked the time first, only 12:35, it's Friday, so I might stay out..might not. Depends on how "energized" I feel. Yet, I wanted to at least know where I was, I gazed off. I must have looked lost, because I felt a tap on my shoulder, but it was a heavy tap, as in whoever tapped was strong, very strong. I turned to my left to see who, suddenly I was starstruck, it was Andrew Shaw, the fighter, and the mutt of the Chicago BlackHawks.

"Are you lost?" he simply asked,

not paying attention to the fact that I was practically in awe of his presence, I bet Andrew was used to it, being a popular NHL player and all.. "Yeah, I'm from Oregon. This is kinda a long-term trip.." I shifted onto my left leg.

Andrew calmly nods, his eyes dart behind his sunglasses, "I assumed because you were gazing off..anywhere in particular you were trying to get to? I'm Andrew by the way.." I smiled,

"Nowhere, really. Maria." He smiles back at me, "Would you like to wander around Chicago with me, then?" I grinned brightly, "Sure," he laughed.

We began walking, but the fear of media and fans sprung into my mind, "Are you a Hawks fan?" Andrew asks out of the blue, "You could say I guess, I'm a hockey fan overall, Oregon doesn't have a team, so yeah..maybe." he smiled, "So you do know who I am..?" I laughed, "Of course, I just didn't feel the need to cry and scream about you standing in front of me." he laughed,

"Thanks," I just playfully rolled my eyes and laughed, again. Suddenly, as girl around my age walked up excitedly to Andrew, she was so beautiful, perfect blonde hair, summer body, slim, gorgeous face. I just felt, jealous, as I watched seeing the attraction to her burn in his perfect brown orbs. "Could you sign this!" that was her flaw, her squeaky, high pitched, barbie-doll, voice. Surprised my ears weren't ringing, Andrew calmly signed the case of the phone she had just requested to be signed. I visibly cringed at the way she pushed her chest up higher, and swayed her hips more, trying to get in "sexier" positions. Her appearance screamed "Puck Bunny!" so loud, as I then noticed the makeup caked on her face, the powder was too obvious.

She turned slightly, glaring at me, rolling her eyes angrily. I quietly laughed, to myself, as Andrew handed her the phone, and hugged her. I clenched my jaw, maybe I don't know him well, we aren't dating, but damn will I show her! Andrew easily noticed my tense, and irritated form,

"You okay, Maria?" he questioned, I just laughed, "I'm just bothered when they get desperate.." it came out as more of a growl. Andrew nodded, turning to watch her walk away as she overly swayed her hips. I sighed, luckily I had a small note-pad with me, gripping the pencil tightly, I effortlessly scribbled down my phone number and angrily let out a huffed-out sigh. Taking the slightly crumpled note, that was freshly ripped from the note-pad, and slammed it on his chest, which by the way was so toned. "Text me later." I walked away sassily, anger and jealous riveting threw my veins. My hips naturally swayed this way when I got upset. I could feel his dark eyes burning holes into my skin.

I'm already in love with a half-stranger, yay. This was going to be a fun ride!

---

A/N: wow Andrew, please, just get over the puck bunny and chose the smol Marai ):U

Maria = My Spirit Animal

Thanks for Reading!

With My Best Wishes,

-Bella