TWO

BEFORE THE EVENTS OF SUICIDE SQUAD

FLASHBACK

STARRING AT THE BLANK WALL OF HER PRISON CELL, KISA CONTEMPLATED EVERYTHING.

Even though he was taking his time more than usual, Kisa knew he'd be coming. It was the least he could do after leaving her to be captured. But she wasn't so sure if she preferred to stay in her cell or be back in his order.

For some reason, this prison wasn't smart enough to put the meta human in maximum security. She found it strange that they didn't know about her powers and only saw her as a criminal. She wasn't complaining though.

A jail cell was much better than being in an asylum.

Yet, he had found a way out of there.

Kisa had found out by having a newspaper slipped underneath her cell (people around here had some type of respect for her, or maybe it was fear) by a couple of prisoners. She remembers sighing out deeply, at the fact he has turned his psychologist insane and the fact she knew he'll be coming for her soon.

Kisa was selfish though, she'd admit it. It took her time to accept, but she knows she's just as much as a criminal as Mr. J was. Perhaps even worse. No matter how much she alleges that she was forced into this lifestyle, Kisa has done what she has done during her time with the Joker. She has no face to claim she is better than the King of Gotham himself. Yet, she still wants to get out of prison. That's what made her selfish, she thought.

The ringing sound of gunshots colliding with prison cell bars made Kisa shoot up, panicking at feeling her heart rate beginning to rise. She didn't know if it was due to the gun shots or the fact she knew where they were coming from.

"GET PRISONER 456 OUT OF HER CELL AND INTO HIDING! WE CAN'T LET-" Right as the prison guard's words were stopped, a gunshot rang right after. Kisa stood standing where in her place, not wanting to get closer to the bars.

"Like hell they won't let my little Quake out."

"Wow, using keys instead of blowing up the cell bars? The asylum has done some good in you hasn't it, J?" Being completely sarcastic because Kisa knew better than to expect something can bring some glim of good in him. Reluctantly walking towards the now opened cell door, Joker let out one of his laughs when Kisa jerked out his opening arms.

"Puddin'! Let's go! There's more of those cops coming our way!" Kisa felt her eyebrows wrinkle together as a woman appeared, jumping on Joker's back. The brunette sighed deeply and felt herself roll her eyes when she noticed her identical skin complexion to J's, putting it together that she had been the poor woman he drove insane.

"No need to panic about that my Harley, Quake has it all under control, don't you K?" Not even letting her say anything, Joker grabbed a hold of Harley's wrist and began running, both letting out laughs as they ran to an exit.

"REYES! STOP RIGHT THERE-" Kisa turned to face a swarm of prison guards and police men covered in armor, all aiming a gun at her.

"Quake! I taught you better than this!" The sound of his harsh voice ran through her eyes, causing some guns switching over to where Joker stood outside an open door way. But his eyes didn't even move from their focus, Kisa could feel his eyes giving her the death stare. She glanced above to where he stood, shocked to say the least that he hadn't fled yet. It's what he did. That's what happened the night she was arrested.

Using her pounding heart rate, Kisa watched as the group of guards began scrambling at feeling the ground beneath them shake little by little. At that moment, Kisa could hear Joker's maniac laugh echo throughout the hall, resulting in her whipping her arms up, looking right at the group of men once the shockwaves began coming out and taking out the guards.

"You sure did."

_________

"WHAT DOES SHE DO AGAIN?"

Colonel Rick Flag had seen enough for today. A psychotic woman, a very accurate infamous hitman, a cannibal, an Australian thief, and an ex gang member who can burn everyone alive. There was one more remaining Task Force X member left to meet. Flag didn't know what else could top what he's seen today.

His eyes then shifted to the tablet Amanda put in front of his face. It showed a prison surveillance footage dated two years back, containing a group of prison guards aiming a gun at a woman before them. Flag had supposed it was the woman Waller and himself were about to meet.

At the sound of another male's voice ringing through the tablet's speaker, Flag's memory was refreshed. He recognized that voice from anywhere, and wherever that voice was she was there as well.

"If it makes it any better, she only injured all of them. No deaths." Flag raised his eyebrow at Waller, handing her over the tablet as they arrived in front of the subject's jail room.

"How do you prevent her from causing an earthquake and having this jail collapse?"

"Easy, hands tied behind her back."

As the door opened, she became visible to the group. Sitting at the corner of her jail room, Waller and Flag entered the setting but she still hasn't turned to see who had visited her cell.

"Come on, Quakey Quakey, don't be rude to your guests." Containing his urge to punch Griggs for his choice of his words, Flag watched as she finally turned to make her face visible, but she still wouldn't allow any eye contact with anyone.

"Ms. K, come on, let's go! Where are your-" Griggs teasing was put at a halt as he flinched at feeling the ground shake a little.

"I thought you said you guys had her contained? Easy as having her hands tied behind her back?" Griggs gave the meta human sitting a few feet away from them a glare before turning to answer the Colonel's question, who wasn't amused or pleased by any of this.

However, Flag waved his hand at Griggs' face, not allowing him to answer his question as he took the daring action to walk over to where she still sat. Kneeling down to match her height, forcing her to finally meet eye contact with him.

"I hear you can create earthquakes, why don't you show me?"

________

wOOOOOO LETS GOOOOO

a pretty long chapter or nah??? I hope it didn't bore you. So yes, the first part was a flashback to where the Joker broke out Kisa from jail, after he broke out himself and drove Harley mad.

and flag met quake, I tried to make it as much in character I hope I did omgjskcks I love writing Amanda btw, she's so fun to write for a reason lmao

btw tysm for 2k reads!! ily ❤️