smile

"C'mon Lo."

"Smile!"

"Smile, you marshmallow."

Thirteen year old Lauren crossed her arms over chest, looking at her best friends unimpressed. She refused to smile or laugh at anything, prior to getting braces on her teeth a few hours ago.

"No." Lauren said sternly.

"Oh, c'mon!" Her middle school best friends simultaneously said together.

"Nope." The green eyed girl vocalized again.

A young Dinah Jane stepped up to her and brought her long fingers to her pale cheeks. She touched the corners of her lips and brought them upwards into a smudged smile.

"Smile marshmallow." The Polynesian girl teased. Two chorus of giggles following behind the tallest girl.

Lauren glared at her, slapping the hands away from her face.

"Definitely not, since you called me marshmallow." The dark haired girl beckoning her finger at her. Rolling her eyes at the nickname she got for her pale skin.

"Stubborn ass." She heard the young Polynesian mumble.

"Where's Mila?" Thirteen year old Normani asked a moment later.

"Yeah where is she? I bet she can make Lo smile." Ally wiggled her eyebrows.

Lauren groaned, but exactly when the shortest girl said that, Camila rounded the corner delightedly sauntering towards them, holding her binders close to her chest, her yellow backpack straps hanging from her shoulders. Lauren endeared at the sight when she saw her other best friend, also classified as her undeniably obvious crush. Lauren took her in, Camila's brunette waves down behind her back, wearing Lauren's own black hoodie with her last name on the back in bold print letters.

"Hey Camz." The green eyed girl greeted her when she stood in front of them.

"Hi Laur." Camila giggled, leaning against her shoulder as butterflies fluttering in Lauren's stomach at the touch, urging herself not to smile to brightly.

"Yo Camren." Dinah wrapped her shoulders around the two, a devious smirk on her face. Both of them wearing a tint of pink on their cheeks when they heard their 'ship name'.

"Hey Mila?" The tallest girl turned her head towards her.

"Yea?" She replied, still a little bit flushed.

"Do you think you can make Lauser over here smile?" Nodding her head towards the green eyed girl, who was currently burning holes into the side of her head.

Dinah, Normani, and Ally all knew about Lauren's not so subtle crush on the brunette. Teasing her unceasingly about it, while the said girl remained oblivious to the antics.

"Why?" She tilted her head like a little puppy, the green eyed girl felt her heart melt at the sight.

"Cuz Chancho, she got her braces today." Reminding the shorter girl.

"What?!" Camila shrieked, escaping under her grasp and towards Lauren.

When she stood in front of her, she grasped the pale girl's cheeks with her palms, looking up at awe-stricken green eyes.