Chapter Twenty-Five

"Gary, we'll have to take a chance that Abed Aziz did not steal my passport." Margaux had an uneasy look accompanying her idea.

"Margaux, it's dangerous to even think about Aziz, what are you doing?"

"There are still hours before the flight that your father booked. If he has not checked out of the Durcor Palace, possibly I can fool Aziz into thinking that I have not quit."

"I don't follow, Margaux." Her unsteady hands held Gary by the shoulders.

"Abed keeps several fake passports in his office. If he thinks I don't know my passport is gone, he may be lured into giving me one." By her look, she was convinced that her ruse would work.

"Marge, you mean that he may think that you are playing this scam for real again? That you really did have sex with Sam?" Gary's look was one of deep skepticism.

"Abed may merely warn me, Gary." Then her face lit up even more. "I want you to come with me to his office."

"What?" Margaux reached for him with a look of near shame. "What effect would my presence have?"

"Let Abed think that you're just a whore's boyfriend, we might just fool the pig."

"Oh," Gary said, putting his arms around her and putting her head to his shoulder. "Marge, you'll place shame on yourself for me. I'll survive letting a sleaze ball, who took advantage of you, think that I am good with you screwing your clients for the extra money?"

"Yeah, Gary, he'll be thrown off balance if he thinks that I will take on more clients after your father."

"So, Marge, I let him think that I've given you up to your life on the con if you're giving me all the sex that I want?" Gary held her close. "I hate how this degrades us even to pretend this way."

"What do you think, Gary?"

"This is so bold that it might work." Margaux could hear Gary's heart pounding out of fear. "It's worth a try."

"Let him think that I'm his best whore, Gary."

There were still a few hours to go before Sam was supposed to take Margaux to Roberts Field. So Margaux and Gary strolled into Abed's office with such a show of confidence that was overwhelming.

Margaux held onto Gary like a hooker getting ready to bed down her trick. Gary wore a lustful half grin as they walked straight up to Abed, who leaned back in his chair but showing no sign of resistance.

Gary walked around the desk and leaned over Abed in his swivel chair. He held him by his collar. "What do you mean, roguing my apartment!" He pushed him back. Abed held his peace."

"Stand up, you sleaze ball." Abed lost no time obeying his command. Gary punched Abed with his finger every time he made his point. "Look here, when Margaux Debonnet is working for you--" Gary poked Abed hard in the chest. "she's yours!" Gary then said, "But when she is not bedding those old douche bags, her body is mine." For emphasis he punched him again. "All mine! Get it?"

Abed said in resignation, "Okay when she's not screwing for me, she's yours to bed down." He then smelled his finger. With a sinister grin, he then said, "I'm sure you'll continue to find the sex with her every bit the pleasure I did."

He turned toward Margaux, who with difficulty managed a slow, deep breath. The aggressive strategy was working. Aziz managed to recover from his surprise near assault by her disgruntled lover.

"Margaux," he said pointing to his small bedroom, "let's talk in there."

Margaux's heart sank, and she turned to see how worried Gary looked to allow her out of his sight.