L x Reader: "And you're sour."

***So this may sound weird, but picture L's love for sweets, except you share that same love for sour foods... Weird? Yes. Why did I randomly start writing this at a festival? I don't know... 😂***

~ Your point of view ~

This case is different than the others we usually deal with. There have been fourteen victims so far-all found murdered in front of their computer, with all of the computer files deleted. There was one and only one suspect, 'Dr34dfu11Ni9ht5h4d3'.

Name: Unknown
Sex: Unknown
Age: Unknown
Appearance: Unknown
Last Known Whereabouts: New Orleans
Motive: Rival hackers?
Killing process: Slicing of major artery in neck with 4" blade. Victims died between 1:30-3:30 AM, all found dead in front of their computer.

"I don't understand how you can possibly eat that." L sighed, shaking his head as he bit into a cupcake.

"Do I judge what you eat?" I asked, raising my eyebrow as I peeled the yellow citrus that was in my hands.

"No, you don't. But still, it's not natural." He cringed as I bit into the bare fruit just to annoy him, laughing manically before doing so.

"Sugar stimulates your brain, sour and bitter tasting things stimulates mine." I sighed and picked up the bowl next to me. I put it over my mouth to hide the fact that I was spitting out the lemon seeds.

"I know, but sugar is different," L licked the frosting off of his cupcake, "it doesn't burn your tongue and throat."

"You get used to it." I rolled my eyes at the man who was spinning around on his swivel chair.

"People are right, opposites really do attract." He shook his head and went back to his laptop as he shoved the rest of the dessert into his mouth.

I turned back to my laptop as well, trying to break through the hacker's highly elaborate firewall. We sat in silence for an hour or so. L ate seven more cupcakes and I finished the yellow citrus.

"Hey, L..." Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the raven haired man's eyes look in my direction.

"Yes, (Y/n)?" He asked, pushing his right foot off of the ground, making his chair roll closer to mine.

"I managed to hack through Dr34dfu11Ni9ht5h4d3's firewalls, it took a few minutes of hacking to find his IP Address. These are the coordinates of the computer," I pointed on the screen, "which is house number 247 on 8th Avenue."

"Amazing, I'll call Watari," L slid back over to his laptop before spinning back in my direction, "I assume that was quite illegal, right?"

"Yes. But I did it to prevent this guy, from tracing someone else's location and murdering them... So in the end, I broke a few laws to save the lives of others?" My voice heightening in pitch as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I was just trying to get a reaction out of you, I'll call Watari now." L let out a soft chuckle before calling the man.

•~•~•~•~•

"Nicholas Summerfields, 34 year old white male. Graduate of Yale University with a degree in Computer Science and Mathmatics. Taken into custody at 6:38 PM, November 23rd 2003, charges are currently being determined." I popped a lemon flavored Toxic Waste candy into my mouth as I read the paper.

"Is that candy?" L asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Yes." I smirked evilly and tossed him a blue raspberry one.

"Who on earth would enjoy this?" He asked while reading the wrapper.

"I do." I rolled my eyes at the man.

"Let me rephrase that... Who on earth, besides my girlfriend with strange eating habits, would enjoy this?" He opened the wrapper and examined the blue sphere.

"I bet you can't eat it the whole thing without spitting it out." I challenged.

"This little thing," he muttered, "piece of cake."

"How about an entire strawberry shortcake instead?" I bet, raising an eyebrow as I did so.

"You don't think I can do this!" He looked me square in the eye.

"Who knows, you might surprise me." I laughed as I popped a green apple flavored candy in my mouth.

"I will eat this, I will enjoy every last crumb of that shortcake." He pointed a finger at me while placing the candy in his mouth.

Seconds later, he gripped the arms of his chair whilst gagging, "Ohmygod..." His eyes were watering and I thought he was going to break his chair with his grip.

"It's not that bad," I teased, "the inside is sweet."

"Notthatbad?" He looked over at me, pain in his eyes.

I laughed and I took one package of each flavor. I opened them all, showing him that I had five in total. I shoved them all into my mouth and pointed at L's struggles.

"Whatthehelliswrongwithyou?" He asked while cringing, his nails piercing the arms of the seat.

Since my mouth was full, I wrote down on the piece of paper, "It doesn't bother me, now stop being a baby."

"Oooh, it's sweet now! My tongue isn't supposed to be throbbing, right?" His cringing ceased and he let go of the seat.

•~•~•~•~•

"I want that one." L pointed at the cake through the glass counter.

"The whole thing?" The man from behind the counter asked.

"Yes." I responded as the man pulled out the cake and placed it into a box. He handed the box to L as I paid for it. The two of us walked out the bakery and back into the hotel room.

L ran and jumped on the couch, carefully protecting the cake. I grabbed him a fork and sat down next him. I handed it to him as he rambled on about the candy 'wasn't even that sour' while eating his sweet cake.

"Thank you." He said as he finished the last bite, which was only forty six minutes after the first one.

"You won the bet." I sighed and gave him a lopsided smile.

He leaned in and his lips met mine. The taste of strawberry and cake still lingered on his lips. I pulled away giggling, "You're sweet."

"And you're sour." He leaned back, his face scrunching up. I pulled a pillow from off the couch behind me, and hit him softly in the face with it before he started laughing.

***A/n - What even is this...?😂***