0.4

A/N it's slightly late but not really at all but I have a really bad headache and haven't proofread so if u see a mistake just let me know and a da ddadaadaa
<•>
6:15am

I hate a lot of things.

Not to say that I'm a pessimist, because I'm really not. It's just reality that there are many things in the world that just can't quite be twisted into positive things. One of those things is an alarm clock set for 6:15am. It's funny because you often think it's a good idea to set your alarm to play your favorite song, because it would put you in a great mood for the rest of the day- that's wrong. It actually ruins the song entirely.

This morning was a little different though. The second my sleep was interrupted by Rivers and Roads, I didn't have any time to dread my day, because I knew Luke would be in it.

That sounds insane- I know, I know. I'm not trying to convince myself that I like him, that would be weird, considering I met him yesterday. This isn't some type of Romeo and Juliet shįt. I don't plan on dying tomorrow. But rather, I was looking forward to further 'investigating' the most significant thing that's happened to me since I arrived in Florida. That thing just so happened to be lifeguard boy.

"and my family lives in a different state," I half groaned, half mumbled along to the song as I rubbed the sleep away from my face. Sighing heavily, I threw the duvet off my body and headed to the bathroom. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I decided to put on concealer and mascara out of the fear of looking dead.

I grabbed a sweatshirt and headed down the stairs, picking up a granola bar on the way out the door. I didn't bother with shoes, I knew would take them off soon anyway.

Following the same route I took the morning before, I pulled my sleeves over my hands and crossed my arms in attempt to shield myself from the cool breeze. My heart rate quickly sped up as the distance between the lifeguard tower and I decreased.

My mind flooded with anxious thoughts, but why was I nervous? Most likely because Luke would be my first 'friend' in Florida. Back in North Carolina most people kind of thought I was popular, but I really just had people around me most of the time. I had maybe 2 or 3 people I actually considered friends, but I've only spoken to my best friend, Carter, since I moved. I've come to the conclusion that no one else really valued me enough to be carried into my so-called "new life" in Florida, so here I am.

I approached the lifeguard stand cautiously, standing on the tip of my toes to see if Luke was already in the room. I scanned the room, but he was nowhere to be found. I slid my phone out from between my skin and the waistband of my shorts, checking the time. I made my way up the ramp and sat on the edge, taking in the sight of the ocean.

My thoughts were interrupted by a certain blonde boy yelling in my ear and poking my sides, resulting in me screaming while falling off the edge. His laughter rang out, and I groaned, lying flat on my back in the sand with my knees bent before me. Once Luke recovered from his fit of laughter, he glanced over the railing of the deck. "Oh my God, you look like a starfish!" he laughed, running down the ramp of the tower.

"Wow, thanks," I mumbled. "That's the look I was going for this morning."

He giggled, "I was talking about how your arms were spread out, silly."

I laughed. "Silly? What are you now, nine?" I raised my eyebrows in amusement.

"Seventeen actually," he said, sticking a hand out for me to take. I studied his hand before taking it, helping to pull myself up off the ground. As I stood up, sand fell from my hair and into the back of my sweatshirt. It was me against the sand, and I was groaning in defeat.

Luke chuckled, "What's wrong now?"

I turned around to show him the sand that had gotten trapped in my hair and was now beginning to fall down my back.

"Oh God," he mumbled. His hand reached up to my hair, slowly taking the hair tie out my bun, letting my hair fall down onto my back, releasing sand on the way down.

"Ugh, that's so disgusting," I whined, turning around. I bent over, flipping over my head and running my hand through my hair in attempt
to rid my hair of the remaining sand.

He watched in amusement. "Why are you so freaked out? It's only sand.." He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I hate sand, It's just gross," I replied, I reached up to tie my hair up once again, but my hair tie was gone from my wrist. I looked over only to find it on Luke's wrist. I chuckled lightly, reaching out and taking it from his wrist. He glanced down, confused, but soon realized what I was doing. "Oh, sorry," he mumbled.

"No, no, you're fine," I assured him, actually tying my hair up this time. "but yeah," I continued, "sand is just weird in general. And then when get the salt water on your skin, the sand sticks and it's all just hot and sticky and gross, you know?"

He chuckled, "Yeah, I guess." His eyes studied the ground for a few seconds before traveling back up to meet my eyes. He blinked, licking his lips as if to remember something. "Here, hold on one second," He said, running back up to the lifeguard tower. He emerged a few seconds later with a towel under his arm.

He headed towards the shore, as I stood watching. He looked over his shoulder. "You coming?" He laughed. I snapped out of my little trance. "What? Oh, yeah, yes. Definitely. Coming." I could hear him laughing, and I followed quickly behind.

~~~~~~~

"woooow Emma what a crappy chapter"
yes I know it is bc I am not living

in other news I start classes tomorrow, pray 4 me, I am struggling with the burden of life, and I will update as soon aS possible I swear !

yeet !
-emma