Chapter Two

Jace's POV

"Hey Al!" I grinned as Alex hugged me. I had just come home from school.

"Hi Jace! How was your first day?" He asked. Today had been my first day and Campbell High, earlier I used to go to Reedroof High but had to change school because of Ontario.

Ontario was a Canadian girl at our school. She was getting bullied and physically abused repeatedly by my so- called good friend Mason. One day, the bullying got so worse that Ontario...commited suicide.

Worse still, Mason blamed me for it. He said that I was behind all that bullying and physical abuse. I got angry at him and punched him there and then. The teachers assumed I had hit him because he had told the truth to everyone.

No matter how much I tried to explain, the principal just wouldn't listen to me. But my parents believed me. They told me to start fresh from a new school and to forget what happened. And they paid the school to not bring my name up.
And Mason...he shifted to Harrington and I never got to see him again.
I'm still waiting for the day he crosses my path - I'll just kill him.

It was because of him that I started street fighting.

"It was great, buddy. How was yours?" I smiled at Alex.
He was my nine-year-old brother. He looked cute, but his antics were more evil than the devil himself.

"Good. I made a new friend today." He grinned at me.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Her name is Maddison." He grinned.

"A girl, huh?" I teased.
He blushed and I smiled.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.
"Your friends are here, Jace." He said quickly and went up to his room.

I laughed and opened the door. I had made two friends today - Chris Martinez and Valentino Brooke.
They were the school's bad boys and we had a lot in common.

"Hey, man!" Valentino greeted.

"Hi guys." I said.

"Let's walk. There's someplace we wanna show you." Chris said.

"Okay. Just a minute." I said and went upstairs to Alex's room.

"Hey, buddy. I'm going with my friends for a walk. I'll be home in a couple of hours, okay? And mom and dad are going to be here soon. You think you can manage alone?" I asked him.

"Jace, I'm nine! I'm not a kid anymore, I'm grown up. I can manage." He grinned.
Our parents were doctors and usually returned at around six in the evening

I laughed and ruffled his hair.
"Okay. See you later." I said and went downstairs.

" So, where are we going?" I asked, closing the door.

"To an awesome place." Chris answered.

"And we'll have lots of fun." Valentino added.

"Okay." I said as we turned to the left lane.

"-dare you?" Someone shouted in front of us. We hurried ahead and saw Grace Hilton, the school's 'queen bee'.
She got down from her car and walked towards Avery Carter. She was 'the' nerd.

Grace then slapped Avery. But Avery acted as if she didn't feel any pain. Hell, she was even trying to hide a grin.
And then she brought up her hand to her cheek, in fake pain.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Grace smirked. "Don't insult me again or else..." Grace didn't finish but hopped into her car and drove off.

Avery was fuming. She looked around her and then kicked the trashcan. And the trashcan became dented.