[1]: N.Y.C Here We Come!

**Thank you @gizelle_duhh for the amazing banner**

*~*~*~*

|Lydia|

"Holy shit guys look, I can see Central Park." Ayla gasps nudging me with her elbow, painfully jabbing my boob.

I was about to moan at her for it when my words caught in my throat. Oh my god...there it was; Central Park, just like she said. "Oh my god. We're actually here." I say grabbing Maggie and pulling her almost on top of us so she could get a look. "It looks just like it does in the movies."

"You're so cheesy." Ayla says laughing at me but I just stick my tongue out at her. I knew she was thinking the exact same thing.

"I can't wait to just get out there and explore." Maggie grins sitting back down in her seat.

"I know, it's going to be amazing." Ayla says from the other side of me, turning her head to look at us for two seconds before returning to gaze out the window.

After being on the plane for over eight hours, we were more than ready to stretch our achy legs and breathe in the New York City air. But before we could do all of that, we had to land and head through passport control and customs. I could only imagine how long we were going to be stood in that queue for.

"What do you want to see first?" Maggie asks as the seatbelt light dings and turns back on, it was almost time to land.

"Fifth Ave..." Me and Ayla reply at the same time.

"Duh." Ayla chuckles as I shout "Jinx" and pinch her.

"I want to see Times Square." Maggie says smiling at us. "I've dreamed about standing in the middle of it since I was a kid."

"Well I'm pretty sure we'll get to see it all soon enough." I reply popping a Werthers in my mouth as we begin to circle to airport, I hate how much my ears pop when we land.

Fifteen minutes later we were all trying to get out of our seats, grab our belongings and get off the plane as soon as we could. I don't see why everyone was rushing though, we were all going to get stuck in passport control either way.

***

"Finally." Maggie sighed as we made our way towards the luggage carousels.

"Who knew going through passport control would take so freaking long." Ayla groaned walking behind me.

"I did warn you's it was going to take forever."

"I know, but still, that took the biscuit. And they're not exactly the friendliest of people are they." Maggie says as we reach the luggage belt that had our flight's suitcases going around. "How am I meant to know this finger is my index finger and not this one; and where to look into the camera and not to blink so quickly?"

"You really had a grumpy guy." I chuckle,

"You're telling me."

"The lady I had was lovely. She was asking me why I was coming over here and wanted to hear all about my internship and how excited I was. I think she wanted a full blown convo with me but had to hurry me through" I laugh

"Lucky you, my guy was no nonsense as well." Ayla says before running off to grab her suitcase. "Oh shit, that's mine."

A few minutes later we were just waiting on Ayla's suitcase to come back around, she didn't manage to grab it in time before it went back through the curtains the first time.

"You managed to get on the wifi yet?" Maggie asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I'm messaging everyone to let them know we landed safely. Yours working yet?" I ask and she shakes her head.