SEIS: MOMENTS AND MEMENTOS

"Oh, here she is, buenas dias nieta", says Grams while Markho walks down the stairs.

"Buenas dias, Grams, Did you sleep well?" Markho asked. She's unaware that they have a visitor so early in the morning.

"Good Morning"

Markho turned to find, Mikhael, seating by the sofa smiling at her.

"What are you doing here?", she ask.

"You're being rude, nieta. Mikhael here is our visitor and he's been waiting for you", says Grams. "I'll leave you two alone to talk, then come by the garden, so we'll have breakfast together".

"I remember you love lilies, so I brought some so you can grow them, it's from my mom actually", Mikhael told her sheepishly. And here"

It's a flower basket, it has lilies, roses and orange blossoms.

"They're pretty, thank you", Markho replied while smelling them.

"Actually, I came here to apologize about last night. I'm sorry I offended you", his voice sincere. And to pay for it, I will be your driver all day, your bodyguard", he added.

Markho can't help but laugh, "Apology Accepted, Mikhael, the flowers are enough. You don't need to suffer on my behalf", Markho replied still laughing.

"Thank you, Markho. But I insist, I'll be like invisible man again", Mikhael replied.

"But, I don't want you to be invisible", Markho replied.

Mikhael noticed the sadness in her tone, and a pinch of hope sprouted in his heart.

"Then don't let me be invisible, let me take you to work", Mikhael again with pleading eyes.

"You might get tired, I'll visit the site later. And after that I have a meeting. you'll get bored", Markho tried to argue.

"Engr. Marthina Khorazon, I am Engr. Barret, I'm sure, I can find something to do", Mikhael replied with a grin on his face. And of course, you'll have lunch with me and dinner, payment for my services, he added still grinning.

"i give up, fine, just don't give me your mood swings again, deal", says Markho.

"Deal, you're breakfast is ready and your chariot awaits, princess", Mikhael teased.

Markho just laughed at him, then off they went to the garden. 

@the garden:

"Look at you both, you look good together. An outsider would think you're a couple", says grams.

"Grams" Markho trying to hush her.

"Oh, my nieta's blushing, Mikhael don't you know, that my nieta here keeps a memento of you in her room? I'm pretty sure you've seen it, you carried her last night didn't you?, says her grams still teasing.

"You carried me?, I thought M'g Jose did", Markho asked embarrass.

"You were sleeping like a baby, I didn't have the heart to wake you", Mikhael replied, enjoying every blushing moment of Markho.

"Okae, I'm leaving", Markho hurriedly got up from the breakfast table.

"Not, without me, you promised", Mikhael told her.

With a deep sigh, "Let's go then", she replied. And Grams, we have some talking to do and she gave her grams a warring look.

"Te Amo, nieta" replied her grams while blowing her a kiss.

And Markho softens, she walked towards her and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "Te Amo Mucho, Mi Corazon".

Then they left, with Mikhael carrying her things. Which she finds exaggerating.

Conversation inside the car:

"Why didn't you wake me? This is so embarrassing", Markho exclaimed.

"Like I've said, I didn't have the heart to and besides I used to carry you when you fall asleep at your tree house", Mikhael explained.

"But, we're young then" Markho argued, blushing.

"What's the difference, you still smell like a baby" says Markho.

"What", Markho asked her face completely flushed.

"You still smell like a BABY" Mikhael says grinning.

Markho kept mum trying to calm herself. She's embarrass and nervous at the same time.

"Remember that time you were leaving for Boston", Mikhael suddenly asked.

FLASHBACK 10 years ago

They were at the beach, MIKHAEL, MARKHO, RIKI, RANDY and some of their friends..

"You're leaving" Riki asked Markho in between sobs.

"Yes, my mom said we're already packed and we're leaving tonight', Markho told Riki, trying to be strong in front of her.

"You'll come back right, every summer, like now", Randy asked in tears.

"I'll come home every summer, we'll play again together" Markho assured Randy. Hey, Mikhael, you'll take care of them will you?, Markho turned to Mikhael.

"Yeah, yeah, the crybaby's leaving, so one less protection needed", Mikhael told her.

Mikhael and Markho, never get along well, because of Mikhael's teasing. But he always protected her from the bullies, especially since she only spends the summer with them.

"You're not even sad she's leaving", Randy asked innocently.

"Why would I, she's a crybaby", Mikhael replied arrogantly.

Mikhael turned to Markho and pushed him, "I wish to never see you again" she told him angrily.

Then she ran away as fast as she could...

It was already time for them to leave, when Mikhael came running holding a paper canvas.

"I'm sorry Markho, promise me you'll come back every summer", then he gave her the paper.

Markho nodded, "I promise".

PRESENT

"You never came back", Mikhael said.

" I have been so busy with school, It was difficult for me to adjust then. I wanted to come home to see you guys, but I couldn't', Markho explained.

"Yeah, we understand. I'm just happy you kept the painting I gave you. You kept a memento of me.". Mikhael said with a smile.

"It was the only thing, I was holding on to, that someday, somehow, I'll come home to see you guys." Markho replied in a sad voice.

"Riki said, you've been here for two years now and you never went back to Boston", Mkhael asked.

"I love this place, I want to spend my life here. I may go back to Boston, but only time will tell", Markho replied.

Mikhael have more things to say but they have arrived at the construction site so he'll just wait for the right moment.

While they walk towards the construction area, a familiar figure approaches them.

"Morning, Markho", it's none other than Franco Montez.