Alice's Arrival

In the year of 1951 a 12 year old girl named Alice went with her older sister Anita to read for school. Alice was sitting in a tree daydreaming while Anita read. Alice never liked school so she wasn't really even listening. Alice had brought her cat Diamond with her and was watching her play, when suddenly Diamond jumped out of the tree and ran off. Alice jumped down and started running after her cat.
"Wait!" Called Anita, "we haven't finished reading!" Alice heard her sister but she just kept running. The wind was blowing in Alice's face as she followed Diamond into a field of dead, tall grass. Diamond slowed to a slow trot until she came to a big wrought iron gate that had the word "Wonderland" written above it.
"This day only gets curiouser and curiouser." Alice remarked. She looked at the gate. It was locked, she was sure Diamond had gone through this way but the fog on the other side of the gate was too thick to see through. Alice looked around a bit more and then decided she'd climb the fence. She got to the top and hopped down. She looked down at herself only to see that her once light blue dress was now stained brown and ripped. The fog had started to clear but Alice still couldn't see well. Ahead of her she saw what looked like a sign. She cautiously walked over to it. The sign had three arrows one pointed up ahead and said "the woods" a sign pointing to the right said "Queen's castle" and the arrow pointing to the left read "The Hatter's Home." Alice thought about these signs, she ended up decided the Hatter's home sounded like Someone there could help her. Alice started walking to the left until suddenly a giant beast appeared out of nowhere. The creature was almost ten feet tall and had teeth sharper than shattered glass. She screamed and ran, the beast was close behind her. Up ahead she saw diamond running. She does up, she slowly lost the beast but if she stopped it'd be gobbling her up in a matter of seconds. It didn't help that she absolutely hated any physical activity and chose to not participate in most. The fearsome creature was gaining on her and she felt it breathing on her back and the horrible breath wafted towards her. She tripped and nearly had a heart attack when the creature ran right over her. It kept running, she realized the fog must've been too thick for it to tell that she stopped. Her legs were bruising quickly from the fall. She looked around not entirely sure what has just happened. She was just catching breath when...