27

"Ugly isn't it." I swallow feeling completely pathetic.

"He did this to you?!" He sounded crushed. "Why didn't you tell me!"
"I tried Miles. But Esme got in the way." I reply wiping my eyes.

Miles scrunching his eyes and trying to swallow back the sadness before sinking to the floor and I put back on my hoodie and did the same. He crawled next to me and hugged me. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I am an idiot." His eyes were full with tears as well.

"I will only forgive you if you get off the drugs. I haven't done any and IM scared all the time. When the he's around I feel like I can't breathe." I whisper. He stared at me half half smiling.
"What?" I reply

"You do get it.That's how I feel." He replies still hiding tears.
"I told you. I understand you Miles. You just didn't give me a chance." I mumble sadly.

"You're right. I never thought anyone could understand. Not even my mum. But he's done it to you." He repeats fiddling with his hands.

"The first time was when you got the detention before the family meal

"The first time was when you got the detention before the family meal.....he slapped me across the face and he hurt my arm. " I rub off the foundation on my arm I used to cover up the pale brown mark on my skin Miles felt it like it was a delicate flower. I also got out my phone and showed him the picture I had taken. He shakes his head and refuses to look at what his father did.

 He shakes his head and refuses to look at what his father did

"The next time I told him I was going to Hunters game...and he hurt my leg." I mumble. Miles goes to put a hand on my leg but I squirm away.

"That's exactly what he did." I explain, Miles nods and looks up.

"You wanted to come to the match ?" he asks softly.
"Of course. But he didn't want me interfering with anything. But that's what I'm best at right? So he did what he has always done." I croak out another tear escaped my eye. Two from Miles'.
"We were all so blind, I'm so sorry."