Mama

Whatever It Takes

9

CAMILA

Mani drove to her house as Luna and I chilled at the back of the car. It wasn't a long ride to her house, but it was getting really really silent, the fact that Normani was not happy with me bringing Lauren's daughter back home. 

"Tell Lauren you have her child." She said again, for the third time during this trip as I sighed. Lauren was not answering her phone, so what am I to do? I tried a few times already. I don't have the apartment keys, so where should I bring this child? 

"Let us settle down at your place first, then I will call Lauren and Nat." 

"Whatever excuse you're having, I'm not buying it." She sassed out. 

"I am not stealing her daughter, Normani." I said, tired from having this conversation with her. 

"You are, and you know it." She said as I remained silent at the back, not wanting to continue with the conversation. It's getting tiring. 

After a couple of minutes of silence, we finally arrived Mani's apartment. I've been here a couple of times already, and they just recently finally moved in completely. Mani and Masi are still together, and it's so amazing to think after all these years, they're still together. After all the craziness, if you ask me. 

"The house is still a mess. I'm sorry. We're in the final touches of the move." Mani said opening the front door as boxes were evidently sprawled around the living room. Preslee, her little Yorkie ran up to us, barking happily. 

"Hey Pres." I said as I felt Luna shift in my arms, looking at Presley.

"It's just Aunt Mila, Pres. And Luna." Mani said.

"Puppy!" Luna said excitedly as Mani and I both giggled. 

"This is Aunt Mani's puppy, Preslee. You want to hold her, Mija?" I asked the little one in my arms as she nodded her head excitedly. 

"Pessy!" She giggled excitedly as I crouched down, making Luna touch the little dog for a couple of minutes. Preslee being the sweetest dog, she was licking all over Luna's hand, causing for the toddler to squeal in delight. "Tickle!"

"That's enough loving. I am getting jealous." Mani said grabbing Preslee off the floor. "You know your way around, Mils. I'll just get lunch started, okay?" 

"Thanks so much, Moaney." I smiled at her sincerely. I walked to Mani's guest room as I felt Luna's head on my shoulder. "Time for a nap, little Jauregui." I said as Luna groaned on my shoulder. 

"No." She said whining as I put her down the bed. 

"What do you want to do?" I asked her curiously as she pointed to the TV on the wall. Well, this will make her fall asleep, so I guess TV it is. 

I grabbed the remote and looked for some cartoons to entertain this little green eyed girl. Thankfully, there was Disney Junior, and it was showing Frozen. The little girl made her way to my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I wrapped one arm around her, as my other hand found my phone. I really have to send Lauren a message before she panics. 

To Lauren Jauregui 

How was your days off? Where'd you go??

It wasn't even a full minute when my phone rang.

"Where the fuck is my daughter." Lauren was mad, and panicking. I really didn't mean to make her panic. 

"Lauren, calmante--"