Chapter 2

Once Mr. Jones finally decided to let us do something interesting, basketball, which actually wasn't very interesting for me, Ash and I went and sat on the bleachers and talked about a whole bunch of random stuff. First, we talked about Ash's ex, Aaron. He is a pratt, who broke up with Ash on her birthday. I really dislike him. I have never really talked to him, but still. We talked about the new guy, Jeb. I haven't seen him but apparently he is hot and already popular. Ash seems to be thinking about becoming friends with him. After that we started talking about one of my old friends, who I now hate, Jocelyn. She was a horrible little son of a B, excuse my.. lettering.

"That Jocelyn. She fucking took my boyfriend, my bestfriend, and she got me suspended for something I didn't do." Ash started ranting off all the things that Jocelyn has done to her and I nodded, understanding perfectly. That is how Jocelyn is.

That's when Mr. Jones came over and told us to do laps. Ash groaned and we both stood up. Right away, Ash started running next to Sander, whom I just found out she knew him. I was bored just running all by myself, and I, oddly enough, found entertainment in timing my running perfectly.

I looked up at the ceiling and made sure that my running was fast enough to hit perfectly under the flash of the smoke detector. The little red or green flash of light in each smoke detector sitting on the ceiling. Every once in a while, the timing would be off and I would either have to speed up or slow down. Somewhere in between, Sander joined me. I pretty much completely ignored him though, paying full attention to the ceiling. Sander noticed where my gaze was and he looked up in confusion. I glanced over at him and smiled slightly. He was staring at the ceiling like I was and I realized he was teasing me, but I figured I'd just go along with it. As best as I can anyways. He laughed and then Mr. Jones had us all sit back down on the bleachers.

I walked over to them with my head low just in case. I sat down on the nearest bleachers and looked up and smiled as Ash came over and sat next to me. I then saw Sander sit next to Ash on the other side. Right away, Ash turned around and started a conversation with him. I completely ignored it and stared at the wall on the opposite side of the bleachers.

Then a shrill sound hit my ears and I bolted up and covered my ears. It hurt a lot so I bent over in pain. What the hell was that sound coming from?! I tried looking around but my head was pounding and my vision was going blurry. It kept fading in and out. In and out. I blinked and the sound started slowly going away. I closed my eyes and sat down on the bleachers. I held my head and slowly and carefully opened my eyes. I could see much better now though it seemed a bit cloudy.

I looked around and saw no one else in the room. Wow.. Thanks guys.. I shook my head with sadness and stood up. At first I got really dizzy and almost collapsed but at the perfect time, it went away. I realized I was gonna be late to my next class and started carefully walking out the door. I grabbed my schedule out of my back pocket and looked down at it. The fog in my eyes hasn't gone away and it made it difficult to see the paper. I am fairly sure what it says though.

P. 7 Mr. Robinson Rm. 4 Science building

I looked up from my paper and headed to the building that was not connected to the rest of the school. It said: "Science Building" In big bold letters so I figured that was the right way. I walked up the steps and looked around. I noticed 4 doors and I walked towards the last one. I opened it and slowly stepped in just as the tardy bell rang.

I sighed with relief and walked towards the seat next to Ash. I smiled at her and she pointed up to the teacher then made a shooting-herself-in-the-head gesture. I winced and slowly looked up at my new science teacher.

He had very little hair on top of his head, that was obviously dyed brown. He was tall and old. Then.. He started talking.. I cannot even describe.. how much he sounds like Squidward, from Spongebob Squarepants. It was like, the perfect match. He had a really big nose too.