Chapter 9-Trust me-I Know Neverland

Chapter 9

Trust me-I Know Neverland

"For all of you that know nothing of Neverland, I have to tell you a thing or two about this place." Hook speaks over all of us as stared out at the island in front of me. It looked so much darker than it did before.

Once upon a time, this island was full of life, magic, and dreams. The greenery was majestic and breath-taking. But what I used to see was no longer visible. All the magic of Neverland was lost with the darkness of Pan.

"Neverland isn't quite the same as the fairytale books might make it seem. Neverland is described as the place of magic, the place where every dream comes true, and anything is possible. The biggest difference is that Pan-."

"Pan? Isn't it Peter Pan?" Emma asks, not quite understanding how different Neverland actually was.

"Peter Pan otherwise known as just Pan." Hook says before continuing on. "Pan isn't quite the person you would think he is. He's someone we should all be afraid of. No matter how powerful you may think you are, I can guarantee Pan is stronger." Hook says while steering the ship closer and closer to the island.

I didn't need to be told that Pan is evil; because I'm pretty sure I have a good enough understanding of that already. I know why he's like that, and I also know that he'll never change. He'll always be the villain he turned himself into.

"My point is no one can defeat Peter Pan. Don't try, because if you try to defeat him alone, I can tell you right now, we will be leaving this place with one less person." Hook warns everyone.

"So let me get this straight. You're telling me that a teenage boy will be able to defeat me?" Regina asks, believing that she was actually stronger than him.

"No matter how much magic you have, it will never be compared to Pan's."

I just so happen to know a thing or two about magic.

"It's easy, all you have to do is believe in yourself." Peter guides me.

"Well the problem is I don't" I say. Peter had been trying to teach me the art of magic, but with no prevail. No matter how hard he tried, I just couldn't do anything. And by anything, I mean absolutely nothing.

I had almost given up. What was the point of trying when you already knew that you would never succeed?

"Look, everyone has magic inside of them; you just might need a little extra effort." Peter says, sitting besides me on the wooden log.

"A little extra effort? Sure..." I say, giving up completely.

"Neverland is full of magic and I'm sure it has plenty to share with you. Magic is simple; you just need to know where to find it."

"Well, I obviously have no clue where to find it." I said, kicking my heels together as I stared into the blazing flames of the bonfire in front of us.

"You didn't let me finish." He continued scanning me up and down intently. "Just because you don't know where to find the source of your magic doesn't mean that I can't help you. And the good news for you is that I know exactly how to solve this."

He pushes himself off the log, and offers me a hand to help me up, which I gladly accepted.

"The secret to finding magic is a cave?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms over my chest. Peter had made me walk several miles. And honestly, I can say I expected much more. We had arrived at the beach, and were now walking on a bunch of uneven rocks and boulders, heading in the direction of a cave.

"Oh trust me, it's not just any cave." He calls back to me. I just groaning, and continue to scramble among the rocks, trying not to lose my balance.

Once I had caught up to Peter, he had already reached the entrance of the cave.

"What took you so long?" He questions with a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes, aggravated.

"This cave is no ordinary cave. It's the very place I first learned to use magic." He said before he entered the cave.

The view was almost shocking. It was one of the most breath taking features I had seen on the whole island.

"Now do you believe me?"

The cave was enclosed with shimmering blue rock. The cave was filled with the water of the sea that glistened and shimmered, reflecting against the cave's walls. The walls seem to almost sparkle, and create a billion stars. At the center of the cave was a whole in the rock. It was just big enough to let enough light in to see. The cave's wall seemed to look like a billion stars with one blazing moon standing out.

"We Neverland folk call this place the Moon Cave." Peter says, guiding me along the edges, careful not to slip and fall into the water.

"And here I will ask you again. Close your eyes." He instructed me. "Breathe in and out." I could feel his presence. "Let all your memories flood back and let your emotions take over your body." I followed what he told me, first feeling stupid, but then relaxing and getting lost in my thoughts.

"I told you it was easy."

(A/N: I'm thinking I'm going to go along with the idea of having flashbacks at the end of each chapter. But not all of the will be as long as this one was. My next update should hopefully be by tomorrow. But at the latest I will update on Friday. I'm trying hard, but it's really hard to write a chapter around 5 times a week, when I'm already dealing with school, music, and sports. But I love doing it so I'm going to deal with it. But anyway, thanks for reading! I got 100 votes! Thank you so much, omg I'm so excited!!!!!)

Comment!

Vote!

full_of_dreams