Chapter Four

Chapter Four

To say that Gipsy started would be an understatement. She fairly flew out of her chair when Jackson shouted.

"Did-" Gipsy cleared her throat "Did you, know her...?" She asked in a way that suggested she was insanely curious but didn't dare ask exactly why he burst out like that.

"No, my brother did... he's gone now, but he used to tell me stories about his human who called him 'black fur with white tail'. To me the name always seemed kinda long, but at least she'd remember what he looked like..." Jackson stared at the plate, then shook himself and began lapping up the water. He could feel Gipsy's pitying gaze burn into the back of his neck, but he said nothing.

He sat back on his haunches "So..." he said slowly, in that same cautious kind of voice, "What's with the rock?"

****

(Just me writing these bits please :3 I've got an idea 😝)

12 Years Ago...

They could feel it. They could sense it. Close by. Not far, now. Hurry. Before it slips away, again. Hissed the voice. The single silhouette, whispered, and hissed to themself, avoiding the streetlights, and remaining unseen. It was close now. They felt its presence. Only a stones throw away. Must get it... urged the voice. Must get it first...

They prowled forward, feeling its pulsing waves of energy draw them ever closer. Their whole body shivered with anticipation. Not far now... it was closer...

A sudden flash of light startled the figure, as the clumsy body of a human blundered into view, calling out a name in summons. The silhouette growled faintly in frustration, as minutes turned to hours with the human's search.

They were so close. Why couldn't this human move faster? A dog suddenly leapt out of the bushes, and wagged its tail. The human affectionately embraced the dog, and they began walking back.

The silhouette relaxed slightly. It had been ready to leap up and kill the human, but there was no need for that now. They padded forward two paces, before they realised that the dog was carrying it in its mouth. Rage. Fire. Murder. Killing was now necessary. Those humans and their creatures get in the way... such useless trinkets of the earth could be disposed of whenever necessary.

****

"I-" Gipsy hesitated, then finally blurted out "I don't think it's a rock." Jackson blinked.

"What else could it be? An egg?" His eyes suddenly grew wide "Oh you're not serious-"

"I am perfectly serious." Said Gipsy "I just don't know if I'm right."

_____________________________

What did y'all think??? 😁 Any input would be greatly appreciated 😄
Love y'all 💓😄

Go check out @PinkPonyPower1 for the previous and next chapter 😃 😃 😃 😃