Goals(13)

"If I may ask, Headmaster, why have you decided to go on such a long journey? Don't you have your people back at your planet?" Puppy asked.

"It's awkward. While I'm sure I'd miss my people back at home, I kind of feel doing this might fill an emptiness I've felt inside for a long time." The Headmaster explained, looking away.

"That's not awkward. There's nothing wrong with a quest of self discovery. And hey, I'm proud you opened up to me. I'm sure everything will work out fine in the end." Puppy smiled.

Puppy's golden eyes always had some sort of reassuring light to it. It was so kind, sincere, and most of all, loving. The Headmaster smiled in return and covered himself with blanket. However, he spoke once more, turning back to Puppy.

"What's your motivation? Err, sorry about being so impolite. May I know what caused you to be so compelled to join us?" The Headmaster asked.

"Well, it's just that I'm a promoter of peace. I only want a swift and happy ending to this conflict. But, I do suppose I also wanted to check up on something a great deal far from here. It's something personal. Also, I'll be slightly honest, I'm not very tired. When you have a practically immortal body, some required things just aren't required. So, I was meaning to ask you since you were close to him, but what makes the samurai keep his hat on everywhere?" Puppy asked in a curious manner.

"He prefers it. It's used as a means of training and a way to get stronger. You know, a way to adapt the hearing. Now wait a second though, exactly what do you mean by immortal? I've heard Immortality was mainly a myth, but I guess from someone like you it's no surprise." The Headmaster explained.

"Well, despite my rather deceiving appearance, I am the son of God. You are right though I'm saying Immortality is all but a myth. All I'm really saying is that I'm resilient to most harm." Puppy replied.

The Headmaster nodded understandingly. However, before he could respond back, someone else spoke up.

"I never really told any of you guys my real reason for sticking around, have I?" Sirius pondered, staring up at the wall.

"No, I don't suppose you have. Why are you with us actually? Don't you have to keep an eye on old King Douglass?" The Headmaster asked.

"No, no, he's going to be better off. The Council of Kings inducted his kingdom into their alliance, so he's got good protection now. Honestly, the reason I want to accompany you guys is for my father. I never knew him that well when I was young, and he suddenly went off one day without a trace. From what I've heard about him, he's as scientific as I am -if not more- and he's out and about exploring the Known Everything." Sirius said.

"Woah, I had no idea." The Headmaster responded.

"It's no big deal, let's just get some rest and keep moving in the morning. Staying up now is just wasting time." Sirius said, much to The Headmaster and Puppy's approval.

.  .  .

At Night, somewhere far away...

"Hey dude, have you been hearing about all the crazy stuff going on recently?" One Man asked.

"Yeah, the whole Beaver expansion thing, now some Arsonist roaming the galaxy, and rumors of the Dragon's return." One replied.

"Sure does make these woods all the more scarier, huh?" replied the first.

"Oh cut it out, you're terrible at spooking people. If anything, I could be the scariest guy around! " taunted the second.

"Then how about I try?" An unknown voice spoke.

The two men whirled around to see someone with ruffled black hair and maddened eyes paired with a deluded smile, wielding a strange scythe. Before any reaction began, two swift strikes were dealt, and there was no more sound.

"Nothing personal, it's just Karma."

To be continued...